Home

User vs. User online Dynasty tips needed

This is a discussion on User vs. User online Dynasty tips needed within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-21-2009, 10:32 AM   #1
Rookie

BCScreamingEagles's Arena

OVR: 5
User vs. User online Dynasty tips needed

So me and my friend are doing a two person dynasty with me as Toledo and him as Buffalo. Every year we play in the MAC championship and I need some tips on stopping him. He has three running backs 90 plus (he got lucky in transfers) so needless to say he runs the ball a ton. Then when I am on offense if I come out in a running formation he brings everybody in so I have to audible to a pass. Tips will be greatly appreciated and if you have any more questions so that you could better help me I will answer them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2009, 12:29 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: User vs. User online Dynasty tips needed

Obviously if he is running the ball a lot then you need to key on stopping that. In the long term scout good, fast, tackling, hard hitting line backers and some run stuffing DTs.

In the short term you have to know your team. If your safties aren't great in run support then look at what personnel he is bringing out and go one heavier. If he is coming out in a 2 wide set go with a 4-4 defense if you run a 4-3. If you run a 3-4 then if your dlinemen are stronger than your backers you can try the 5-2 but there isn't much that really gives you an extra backer or lineman. If you play a 4-2-5 or a 3-3-5 I would suggest going to a 4-3 or 3-4 unless you have good tackling DBs.

If you can guess his tendencies then using the guess play thing can help a lot against the run but it comes with huge risks. Against a human though you can play to their tendencies at times. Also, try mixing in some blitzes to the areas he runs to and use the dline and lb adjustments.

Also, setting the Dline aggressiveness to aggressive and seting the zones to tight will help you get off the ball faster and make your defender's first steps be forward putting them in better position.

Depending on who you control you can also try individually to be more aggressive against the run but I personally play as a DE so I don't rely on that too much.

As far as him coming out in run stopping defenses if you have fast players at running back or tight end then this can work against him as these players will often be able to destroy line backers in the passing game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »