Home

Head Coach Mode: I think this would be a great addition.

This is a discussion on Head Coach Mode: I think this would be a great addition. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-30-2009, 10:29 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Head Coach Mode: I think this would be a great addition.

Look, dynasty mode offers a lot of great tools and such to make being a head coach realistic. You do recruiting, you can switch jobs, etc.

I think, much like Road to Glory, there should be a coaching mode where you can raise up. I'm not talking about something like the game NFL Head Coach, I am talking about the same as what they currently have with more depth.

I'm thinking:
-You create yourself using the coaching customizer, like clothes and your look (some old NCAA's had this).

-Then you start out coaching a high school team through the playoffs, really this is just playing as the team, all of the coaching is just picking plays.

-Then you get job offers from some lesser schools, and coach at a mediocre program for like 2 or 3 seasons. Again, the coaching part of this is playing as the team and picking plays like you normally would in dynasty mode, just maybe with a calendar like RTG has and you can use practices to improve your players during the week, maybe some other tasks that coaches have to do during the week.

-Then after those three years, based on a combination on how well your players improved year by year, and your record, and how well you recruited based on your program prestige, you are given a job offer. If you weren't very good, you will be offered the same job or jobs at lesser schools.

-If you are good enough to advance to a better program, you can now be fired at your new program for poor performance. Then you are forced to play at lesser programs again. This may be going too far but maybe you could be demoted to offensive coordinator and then the CPU controls defensive play calling or something.

If they were able to link it to Madden like they do with RTG, you could then get NFL job offers.

This, to me, is much more fun fan NFL Head Coach because it retains the playing aspect and all of the fun parts of dynasty mode, but adds a more personalized experience and makes the coaching part of it more realistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2009, 12:32 AM   #2
MVP

Joshua1207's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Head Coach Mode: I think this would be a great addition.

I'd much rather have a version of NFL Head Coach but NCAA style with recruiting, etc.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »