Home

Live Progression Chat with Designer Russ Kiniry

This is a discussion on Live Progression Chat with Designer Russ Kiniry within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-04-2009, 05:28 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: Live Progression Chat with Designer Russ Kiniry

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaminKG21
I think it's been shown that they know the sports to a certain extent but not to the extent that the more hardcore and knowledgeable fans do.
This is what it boils down to. I appreciate their effort because I want to start playing a college football video game again, but effort alone would get me fired at my job. My boss expects damn good results.

Maybe next year will be the year. I wish Russ and the the rest of them luck.
Old 12-05-2009, 10:22 PM   #10
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Reeding that made me laugh. They don't get it at all. How can Russ say a player at a 5* school will be more ready for the NFL then a smaller school. Look at a NFL roster and you will see that is not the case. From what I could tell they don't know what makes players progress. They need to do some research and they will see that players get better due to coaching, training, and playing the game. I'm tired of the random progression and from what I got from Russ and his Q&A is that they are not happy with the system but can't do any better. Can't wait for the next Q&A.

Last edited by jbrew2411; 12-05-2009 at 11:20 PM.
Old 12-06-2009, 01:12 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

I accept with information: it has to be a part of player progression, maybe not as much as in NCAA 10. But look at schools like USC, Florida, and Ohio State.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2009, 07:30 AM   #12
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by citfvgiciee
I accept with information: it has to be a part of player progression, maybe not as much as in NCAA 10. But look at schools like USC, Florida, and Ohio State.
Big schools have better players because they get better players. Not because the aura of the school can magically improve players more than a smaller school. Prestige should enable you to attract recruits, not improve their abilities. Improvement rests on the coaches and facilities and most importantly - the player's own abilities and potential.
Old 12-06-2009, 05:41 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Big schools have better players because they get better players. Not because the aura of the school can magically improve players more than a smaller school. Prestige should enable you to attract recruits, not improve their abilities. Improvement rests on the coaches and facilities and most importantly - the player's own abilities and potential.
Which means nothing to NCAA b/c coaches & facilities have no effect/don't really exist in dynasty...so idk what they are going to base it on.
Old 12-07-2009, 11:50 AM   #14
Pro

Lava's Arena

OVR: 49

While I wasn't completely satisfied with some of the answers, I did appreciate having the interaction with Russ and it does show that they are at least making some attempt to communicate with the community which can only bode well for the game.

Any idea when the next Q/A will happen and what the topic will be Dewiel?
Old 12-07-2009, 02:44 PM   #15
Rookie

CurryStorm's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I agree with this completely. I mean, it's common sense. Bigger schools have more players adapt to entering the NFL because they recruit better players. It's almost like EA is trying to say that if you took Toledo's players and put them on Alabama's team, then took Alabama's players and put them on Toledo, that Alabama would still get more players into the NFL just because they're Alabama.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2009, 03:09 PM   #16
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurryStorm
It's almost like EA is trying to say that if you took Toledo's players and put them on Alabama's team, then took Alabama's players and put them on Toledo, that Alabama would still get more players into the NFL just because they're Alabama.
I think that's exactly what EA is implying and I totally agree that it's wrong.

Love the signature btw.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »