Home

Mascot Games Gone in 2010

This is a discussion on Mascot Games Gone in 2010 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-11-2009, 09:48 PM   #9
#BurghProud

BurghFan's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Mascot Games Gone in 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by trayeight
In order to compensate for the additional Oregon uniforms, EA has decided to eliminate the Mascot Games.

One can dream, right?
LMAO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Eliminating mascot games would take more time than not doing anything. They don't even take up any resources. I don't know why people hate them so much. Just don't play them. Adam Thompson said it took one guy about half a day to add them to the game. If the kids like it then why take it out?
Because people think there are far more useful things that could be added to the game. For instance, I sincerely hope most if not all of the FCS teams are added to the game next year as it will be my first PS3 version of NCAA Football.
Old 12-11-2009, 10:36 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_Thompson_EA
We did when we added them I think. NCAA 09 maybe?

I Like having it as an option. But the heck is the Syracuse orange man darnit. I dont see him in teambuilder either
Old 12-12-2009, 01:01 AM   #11
All Star

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurghFan81
LMAO

Because people think there are far more useful things that could be added to the game. For instance, I sincerely hope most if not all of the FCS teams are added to the game next year as it will be my first PS3 version of NCAA Football.
Its not an OR situation. Mascot games take extremely little disc space and took very little time. I believe i read the guy that coded it did it on his personal time even.

FCS team on the otherhand would take new art for the jerseys, logos, stadiums (if they did it), adding to the database for the players and whatever else is missed. Adding FCS would be like adding a major feature time wise.

I know people want those teams in but its not remotely an OR situation. Would be been more like Teambuilder or FCS, or Online Dynasty or FCS.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2009, 05:55 AM   #12
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrause1971
Its not an OR situation. Mascot games take extremely little disc space and took very little time. I believe i read the guy that coded it did it on his personal time even.

FCS team on the otherhand would take new art for the jerseys, logos, stadiums (if they did it), adding to the database for the players and whatever else is missed. Adding FCS would be like adding a major feature time wise.

I know people want those teams in but its not remotely an OR situation. Would be been more like Teambuilder or FCS, or Online Dynasty or FCS.
Unfortunately, people still don't understand this. This debate is two freaking years old. Adam has said many times that mascot games took virtually no disc space or resources and people still bitch about it. The inclusion of mascot games has zero effect on any new potential feature but the uninformed poster still loves to bring it up. I'm done with this thread.
Old 12-12-2009, 12:26 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 1

Take out mascot games and put in FORMATION SUBS
Old 12-13-2009, 12:51 AM   #14
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bear Jew
how about adding formation subs only for mascot games, maybe teambuilder and online dynasty too. imagine the possibilities. the game is already a joke as it is, might as well fully embrace it.
Old 12-13-2009, 01:30 AM   #15
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram29jackson
I Like having it as an option. But the heck is the Syracuse orange man darnit. I dont see him in teambuilder either
I lobbied last year to get the Orange man in the game but to no Avail. I think i might have to write to my congressmen or find Adam a Horses head
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2009, 01:31 AM   #16
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bear Jew
Its not a space issue, its a time issue

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »