Home

Anybody ever have a Suh in this game?

This is a discussion on Anybody ever have a Suh in this game? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-16-2009, 01:07 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Anybody ever have a Suh in this game?

i made JacksonJeffcoat, and i based it off the real life recruit who is number one overall right now according to espn. and he broke the all time sack record
Old 12-16-2009, 10:05 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31
Yes, this is highly annoying.

The CPU LT is Orlando Pace, no matter who he is.

Only way to get around this, is to take matters into your hands.

Yours? He's a swinging gate.

I have a 90 overall, junior LT and his side of the line gets caved in by the CPU, all of the time.

You can forget about having a dominant D-Line that can generate pressure with a 4 man rush, without having to resort to blitzing, like USC vs Notre Dame, in this game.

That just isnt going to happen.
Thank you. I was beginning to think I am crazy.

I should have clarified, are people getting these players to do this on Heisman and are you controlling them? I always play as a LB (usually olb but sometimes mlb).

Because like sportyguy said even ****ty OTs for the Cpu are awesome against my high 90's DEs (controlled by cpu) I just dont see the ratings really matter on this years Heisman level.

Like it was said before, I dont think they mattered a ton in 09' either, but speed did in 09', and that made guys (RBs, WRs, LBs especially) stand out more. This year speed is nerfed (to a point this is good), and as speed is somewhat negated, it becomes apparent that your 98 or 99 overall once in awhile stud isnt that much different than that 88 or 89 guy you have all the time.

As it is I still win easily in my Dynasty on Heisman, but all my defenses (which is easily my favorite part of the game) blur together. Even when I have absurd collections of starting talent, its the same when it comes to the same ole robo QB crap, no running game, suction blocks, etc. by the computer.

I guess what Im saying is I want to be rewarded for having the great players. Please EA make ratings matter. That means strength, awareness everything. If all of those matter, you dont have to nerf speed, because that a-hole putting his speedy lb at DE or fast HB at FB, will be blown up, when they have to do the things those positions have to do.
Old 12-17-2009, 12:39 AM   #19
MVP

BROman's Arena

OVR: 11

hell i've had defenses with all 11 starters over a 90 ovr and still can't get any heat on the qb w/o blitzing, and even then it's not much pressure.
Old 12-17-2009, 05:02 AM   #20
MVP

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfRed75
Thank you. I was beginning to think I am crazy.

I should have clarified, are people getting these players to do this on Heisman and are you controlling them? I always play as a LB (usually olb but sometimes mlb).

Because like sportyguy said even ****ty OTs for the Cpu are awesome against my high 90's DEs (controlled by cpu) I just dont see the ratings really matter on this years Heisman level.

Like it was said before, I dont think they mattered a ton in 09' either, but speed did in 09', and that made guys (RBs, WRs, LBs especially) stand out more. This year speed is nerfed (to a point this is good), and as speed is somewhat negated, it becomes apparent that your 98 or 99 overall once in awhile stud isnt that much different than that 88 or 89 guy you have all the time.

As it is I still win easily in my Dynasty on Heisman, but all my defenses (which is easily my favorite part of the game) blur together. Even when I have absurd collections of starting talent, its the same when it comes to the same ole robo QB crap, no running game, suction blocks, etc. by the computer.

I guess what Im saying is I want to be rewarded for having the great players. Please EA make ratings matter. That means strength, awareness everything. If all of those matter, you dont have to nerf speed, because that a-hole putting his speedy lb at DE or fast HB at FB, will be blown up, when they have to do the things those positions have to do.

I control the DT on run downs, and wide side DE all game,in passing sitatuations now. Against VS. User and CPU.

I get the results that I should get when I do that.

I played central michigan, and when I used my 84 overall DE, vs their 79 overall LT, I kicked his tail pretty good. He's got like a 85 power move rating.
Old 12-17-2009, 07:10 PM   #21
Burrow Club

Watson's Arena

OVR: 49

I've had so many 95+ defensive players...but i've had 2 DE that were both 99's one year...a SR. and a So. The SR was 6'4" 250 "cut" dude who had a C+ speed. The So was a biggun, 6'6" 278, and he mowed over the Tackles

like a fat lighting and thunder.

@AdamdotH
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2009, 11:52 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 3

Not in 10 or 09 but in previous versions of the game I have. It just seems like there is really no difference between d-lines full of guys in the 90's vs a d-line with guys in the mid to low 80's or even upper 70's.

I just cannot get pressure with a 4 man front and most times the only way I can get a sack without blitzing is to read a screen play and bring a player over to cover the rb. Then the qb will just keep drifting towards the side of the field with the blockers and rb and I can then get the sack. This is when I am playing the ai.
Old 12-18-2009, 02:03 AM   #23
MVP

OVR: 29

just control the de's and go wide. you'll get plenty of sacks.
Old 12-18-2009, 09:35 AM   #24
#BurghProud

BurghFan's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31
Yes, this is highly annoying.

The CPU LT is Orlando Pace, no matter who he is.

Yours? He's a swinging gate..
Yeah, I love watching my LT get tossed aside like a rag doll almost every other play

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »