Home

Devs Please Read.

This is a discussion on Devs Please Read. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-17-2009, 11:19 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 38
Devs Please Read.

"Just wanted to point out a couple of things that edited ratings will help towards in game play

1) Pursuit angles by increasing the overall awareness and pusuit ratings of the defenders it'll make things a little better overall on the field.

2). Decreasing the catch ratings of the defenders which i have done accross the boards will allow for less INT's even on poorly thrown passes by the QB's which you'll see much more of during game play because of the accuracy ratings being reduced in order to accomplish that task.

3). Smarter RB's who will see open lanes much better because of the increased BALL CARRIER VISION RATINGS. Combined with increased RBA slider a guy like Emmitt Smith is going to see the running the lanes much better than the DEFAULT RB's ever did in this game.

4). OL vs DL interaction looks more realistic because I boosted up either the POWER MOVE or FINESSE MOVE ratings of many DE's/DT's based on if they were a power player like John Henderson or a speed rusher like Terrell Suggs. There will also be some guys who are great at both like Reggie White or LeRoy Selmon who you'll see from down to down constantly using either a power move or spin move to get away from OL during passing downs.

These are by far some of the most IMPORTANT RATINGS in the game in which I feel are poorly implemented by EA with their regular rosters whiich is sad because those ratings don't even effect the overall ratings of any player. They just bnring the game to life more on the field when edited right.

Those are ratings which allow Madden players to be assigned a SPECIFIC WEAPON. NCAA doesn't assign weapons but the ratings still function the same as Madden when you increase them in certain areas."
- Playmaker

I was reading through Playmaker's Alumni Roster and I came across this. So then I tried it out and it does make the game play significantly better. If EA devs would make this adjustments in NCAA 2011 I think it would make the game play that much more enjoyable.

I'm not taking credit for what Playmaker said I'm just supporting it.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »