Home

XBOX: NCAA 06, NCAA 07, NCAA 08 Which One do you favor?

This is a discussion on XBOX: NCAA 06, NCAA 07, NCAA 08 Which One do you favor? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-12-2019, 12:07 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: XBOX: NCAA 06, NCAA 07, NCAA 08 Which One do you favor?

I am happy to see PS/XBox threads like this revived!

I own every PS2 NCAA and Madden and have played 04-06 extensively. I have heard good things about 09 but do not have enough experience with it to comment.

04 - Great gameplay especially the running game but lacking dynasty features. If you are only interested in a single game or season these might be your best choice.

05 - I avoided really sinking time into this version until a couple of years ago solely based on all the comments about the dropped passes. Now after spending nearly 100 hours in the game I truly think this might be the best of the lot. Most people are unaware that the penalty sliders actually impact gameplay. Turning up the OPI and lowering DPI along with catch sliders yields a very solid passing game.

Some later games have a little better presentation (06) or a couple of nice dynasty additions (09) but 05 is best and most complete package of gameplay, dynasty and lack of negative bugs and quirks. Extra credit for me because this year matches up with Madden 2005, the last Madden in the PS2 era that did not have major stat issues (broken RB1/RB2 sliders for example).

06 - A community favorite likely because the presentation is top notch and out of the box is very playable. I found the gameplay speed to be far too fast/arcade-like, the deep ball was semi broken and the lack of subs is a deal breaker for me.

All in all a solid game though.

Last edited by chargerrich; 04-12-2019 at 12:18 PM.
Old 04-24-2019, 10:08 AM   #74
We Go Again

VTPack919's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargerrich

I own every PS2 NCAA and Madden and have played 04-06 extensively. I have heard good things about 09 but do not have enough experience with it to comment.

04 - Great gameplay especially the running game but lacking dynasty features. If you are only interested in a single game or season these might be your best choice.

05 - I avoided really sinking time into this version until a couple of years ago solely based on all the comments about the dropped passes. Now after spending nearly 100 hours in the game I truly think this might be the best of the lot. Most people are unaware that the penalty sliders actually impact gameplay. Turning up the OPI and lowering DPI along with catch sliders yields a very solid passing game.

Some later games have a little better presentation (06) or a couple of nice dynasty additions (09) but 05 is best and most complete package of gameplay, dynasty and lack of negative bugs and quirks. Extra credit for me because this year matches up with Madden 2005, the last Madden in the PS2 era that did not have major stat issues (broken RB1/RB2 sliders for example).

06 - A community favorite likely because the presentation is top notch and out of the box is very playable. I found the gameplay speed to be far too fast/arcade-like, the deep ball was semi broken and the lack of subs is a deal breaker for me.

I thought I was crazy too, as I feel the same way. The drops aren't ideal, but far from the issue it is made out to be. I think NCAA 2005 may be the best all around package as well....

Have you settled on any sliders that use the OPI/DPI and catching sliders to remedy the issue?
Old 04-26-2019, 07:32 AM   #75
Pro

esayem's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargerrich

What are the Madden stat issues?
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »