Home

XBOX: NCAA 06, NCAA 07, NCAA 08 Which One do you favor?

This is a discussion on XBOX: NCAA 06, NCAA 07, NCAA 08 Which One do you favor? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-21-2009, 02:34 PM   #9
Banned

bigjake62505's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: XBOX: NCAA 06, NCAA 07, NCAA 08 Which One do you favor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
'06 is your best bet, the impact players are way too powerful and the deep ball is very easy but '07 and '08 sucked with the momentum meter and offense was incredibly easy. Plus '08 had absolutely horrible pursuit angles, the game is unplayable IMO. At least '06 can be fun and is without any major glitches.
NCAA '04 would still be the best if it had rotating schedules in dynasty mode and the playmaker or whatever it was called (flip the running without flipping the entire play). I guess if you're using Notre Dame or another independent then it'd still be gold since you can schedule every single one of your games each year.

I felt '05-'08's game play was way too fast and and the gimmicks started rolling in: impact players, HFA, jump-the-snap, momentum meter. They were all complete duds.

Also, unfortunately I have been trying to find a copy of NCAA '06 locally for the last year (I'm too lazy to eBay it for some reason) and haven't had any luck. '07 and '08 are still easy to find in my area. '06 is also the only NCAA Football version I'm missing from my collection.
Oh yea forgot about the pursuit angles they are pretty bad. Sliders do help the deep passes and the easy offense. I play with crappy teams maybe that has something to do with it. Does anyone know if NCAA 09 for the ps2 is better than 08? The quick audible for the D is great, flick up twice on the stick to defend the first down line, flick down twice for a contain! It rocks.

Last edited by bigjake62505; 12-21-2009 at 02:38 PM.
Old 12-21-2009, 02:35 PM   #10
Banned

bigjake62505's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa_Bonami
wow a vote for 04?......interesting. Im going to have to look into that one as well.

thanks for the feedback.
I loved 04 when it came out but I havent played it in a while.
Old 12-21-2009, 04:01 PM   #11
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa_Bonami
wow a vote for 04?......interesting. Im going to have to look into that one as well.
It has its ups and downs, in dynasty mode the recruiting is way too easy (you can rake in 5-star guys and get an absolutely loaded team within five years) but the gameplay has by far the fewest glitches/issues/gimmicks of any NCAA game last-gen. It does not have many at-the-line adjustment features and from what I remember the CPU does not run the ball as often as most people like. Overall though I still feel it's the best NCAA game out there and for whatever reason the game is extremely fun.

It's funny you made this thread today, last weekend I spent about two hours going through every NCAA game on Xbox from 03-08 (with the exception of 06) and thought 04 was the best followed by 05. Kinda funny since I hated 05 when it came out and barely played it.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2009, 06:23 PM   #12
Rookie

Merih's Arena

OVR: 3

I think NCAA 2008 is the most challenging and realistic NCAA game that's ever come out (on the Xbox original, of course). IMO it was the pinnacle of the NCAA series, which again had to start over when it reached a new console.

Now, I spent the most time on NCAA 06, just because it came out at an age where I could afford to play video games all day every day. But looking back on it, NCAA 08 was a more SIM experience for me.
Old 12-21-2009, 06:28 PM   #13
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merih
I think NCAA 2008 is the most challenging and realistic NCAA game that's ever come out (on the Xbox original, of course). IMO it was the pinnacle of the NCAA series, which again had to start over when it reached a new console.
The pursuit angles are so wretched that it's unplayable IMO. I played one game on 5-minute quarters last weekend in 08 - UConn vs Rutgers. It was 10-10 with under two minutes to go when Rutgers throws a dinky little pass to Ray Rice in the flat, I try to switch to the closest defender but it's too late and the rest of my CPU defenders take a bad angle so Rice goes 70+ yards for the game winning TD. I don't see how you can invest a lot of time in a game that has stuff like that happen regularly. Cheapness beyond belief.
Old 12-21-2009, 06:31 PM   #14
Rookie

Merih's Arena

OVR: 3

You're right, the one thing I hated about it was the pursuit angles. BUT, the angles taken are MUCH worse in NCAA 2009 for the 360, however.
Old 12-21-2009, 06:38 PM   #15
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

when it comes to overall gameplay, NCAA 2004 is the best, IMO. it doesn't have a lot of the dynasty features that came in the titles after it had though.

NCAA '06 would be #2 for me. the overly powered impact players hurt the gameplay though, especially if you had an impact HB. but overall the gameplay was pretty good(still better than any of the 360/PS3 version so far).

I didn't play '07 and up on last-gen though, so I don't have any clue if it improved or not since.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2009, 11:16 AM   #16
Banned

OVR: 8

I didn't like any of those games. 2004 was the best game on old generation and possibly the best football game ever made.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »