Home

XBOX: NCAA 06, NCAA 07, NCAA 08 Which One do you favor?

This is a discussion on XBOX: NCAA 06, NCAA 07, NCAA 08 Which One do you favor? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-21-2009, 12:41 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 17
XBOX: NCAA 06, NCAA 07, NCAA 08 Which One do you favor?

Folks, I dusted off my Xbox this weekend and decided to set up my basement and make a playroom for myself. I loved the older gen NCAA Football games but it's been so long since I played them all so I forgot which one was the best one that incorporated realism and fun the most.

I read another post here about how NCAA 2006 was a classic so my question is to you all, How does NCAA 06 compare to NCAA 07 and NCAA 08 for the XBOX? I am going to go out and pick up a used copy of one of these and wondering how you all feel about the 07 and 08 versions in comparison to 06?

thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2009, 01:17 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: XBOX: NCAA 06, NCAA 07, NCAA 08 Which One do you favor?

Personally, I liked '06. I thought it had the best balance of gameplay and presentation, especially since '07 introduced the whole 'momentum' thing and 'Jump the Snap', both of which ruined the gameplay aspect for me. '08 toned them down a bit, but I still thought '06 had the best balance. Some say the deep pass was a little too effective in '06, but that never bothered me too much. Just my 2 cents!
Old 12-21-2009, 01:20 PM   #3
Banned

Thanks for the input, how does NCAA 06 run on the 360?....have you tried it? If I can run it as a flawless 1:1, I may just play it on my 360
Old 12-21-2009, 01:22 PM   #4
MVP

koebner's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa_Bonami
Thanks for the input, how does NCAA 06 run on the 360?....have you tried it? If I can run it as a flawless 1:1, I may just play it on my 360
It's pretty choppy on the 360. Almost unplayable.
Old 12-21-2009, 01:24 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

Y'know, I haven't actually tried it on the 360, but from what I remember reading here at OS, it had some serious lag or delay problems. Hopefully someone who's played it first hand on the 360 can give you more insight!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2009, 01:57 PM   #6
Banned

bigjake62505's Arena

OVR: 22

I really enjoy 08 for the ps2. I just started playing it again and it destroys the current games. I like 08 because of the summer drills and the spring games. I seems to run a little smoother than 06 (I bought both used for like 10 bucks). 08 also has a few more animations for tackling and running. Find a good slider set and you will enjoy it. The momentum is toned down and jump the snap is not too overdone.
Old 12-21-2009, 02:08 PM   #7
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

'06 is your best bet, the impact players are way too powerful and the deep ball is very easy but '07 and '08 sucked with the momentum meter and offense was incredibly easy. Plus '08 had absolutely horrible pursuit angles, the game is unplayable IMO. At least '06 can be fun and is without any major glitches.

NCAA '04 would still be the best if it had rotating schedules in dynasty mode and the playmaker or whatever it was called (flip the running without flipping the entire play). I guess if you're using Notre Dame or another independent then it'd still be gold since you can schedule every single one of your games each year.

I felt '05-'08's game play was way too fast and and the gimmicks started rolling in: impact players, HFA, jump-the-snap, momentum meter. They were all complete duds.

Also, unfortunately I have been trying to find a copy of NCAA '06 locally for the last year (I'm too lazy to eBay it for some reason) and haven't had any luck. '07 and '08 are still easy to find in my area. '06 is also the only NCAA Football version I'm missing from my collection.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 12-21-2009, 02:17 PM   #8
Banned

wow a vote for 04?......interesting. Im going to have to look into that one as well.

thanks for the feedback.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »