Home

Bowl Matchups

This is a discussion on Bowl Matchups within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-28-2009, 01:36 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: Bowl Matchups

Not sure if its like this in the 360 or ps3 versions, but on the ps2 version, along with having 5-7 or sometimes 4-8 teams making bowl games, the Big East doesn't have an auto bid to the BCS.

It's like they treat all the BCS games (aside from the Rose Bowl) as strictly at large bids, so in my WVU dynasty I simulated the last couple weeks to see which BCS bowl they would go to when they won the Big East at 11-1 (and ranked top 20), and to my surprise every time I did it, they would go to the Armed Forces bowl against Air Force. Once again though, it might just be a ps2 thing.
Old 12-28-2009, 01:38 AM   #10
MVP

Buckeye's Arena

OVR: 38

i have it on ps2 but havent noticed that
Old 12-28-2009, 01:53 AM   #11
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codyjohnpaul
i have it on ps2 but havent noticed that
I would imagine that this usually wouldn't show up, but there were either 2 or 3 undefeated non BCS teams that made it ahead of WVU. And no other Big East team made a BCS bowl either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2009, 06:40 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 20

Another messed up thing is in my OD we had a 3 star C-USA team go undefeated and win the national championship, they were still a 3 star the next season too =/
Old 12-28-2009, 12:39 PM   #13
#BurghProud

BurghFan's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelers1
Not sure if its like this in the 360 or ps3 versions, but on the ps2 version, along with having 5-7 or sometimes 4-8 teams making bowl games, the Big East doesn't have an auto bid to the BCS.

It's like they treat all the BCS games (aside from the Rose Bowl) as strictly at large bids, so in my WVU dynasty I simulated the last couple weeks to see which BCS bowl they would go to when they won the Big East at 11-1 (and ranked top 20), and to my surprise every time I did it, they would go to the Armed Forces bowl against Air Force. Once again though, it might just be a ps2 thing.
Yeah, that is pretty messed up. In my 1st season with Pitt I finished 11-1 (6-1) ranked #9, won the BE and got the aforementioned Armed Forces Bowl. If you look, you'll notice that the Big Easts bowl tie ins are nonexistant in the game. Every BE team that makes a bowl is always an at large bid. It wasn't until the 3rd season of my dynasty that the BE champion got a BCS bowl. Actually at one point I had simulated to the end of that season and wound up with 2 Big East teams getting a BCS bowl (neither in the NC game).
Old 12-28-2009, 02:36 PM   #14
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

the Big East Bowl tie-ins problem must only be a PS2 thing. on the 360 version the Big East champ goes to a BCS bowl. it seems to be the Fiesta Bowl most seasons in my offline dynasty. one season the Big east Champ went to the Orange Bowl, another season the Big East champ went to the Sugar Bowl. but either way, the Big East Champ always went to a BCS Bowl game, no matter their record/ranking.

I've seen a few BCS mis-matches due to upsets in the Conference championship games(especially in the ACC). in my 2017 season, Kansas State upset Oklahoma State(who was 11-1 and ranked #2) in the Big 12 Championship. K-State was an unranked 8-4 team at the time. they then went on to lose to Big East Champ Louisville.

there was also a National Championship game(same season as above) between a 12-0 Notre Dame and a 10-3 Florida State. there were no 1-loss teams that year though and FSU would be a better choice than a 12-2 MTSU team(me) from the C-USA.

also, one season Ohio finished 6-8 after losing in the MAC championship game and their bowl game. other than 6-7 teams(losing the bowl game), I don't recall seeing any below .500 teams in bowls game. but then again, I don't really look at every bowl match-up and their records.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here

Last edited by Solidice; 12-28-2009 at 02:58 PM.
Old 12-29-2009, 02:53 AM   #15
Hall Of Fame

Tovarich's Arena

OVR: 26

Well, just as I said I'd never had a 5-7 team in 10 seasons...I have 2 now...not enough 6-6 teams, so 5-7 Oregon in the New Orleans Bowl and 5-7 Clemson in the Meineke Bowl. Wonder how they picked them though. Georgia Tech was 5-7, 4-4 in the ACC finished 6th place, but it takes 2-6 Clemson who finished in 11th place over them. There were about 15 5-7 teams overall, no idea how they picked Oregon out of all of them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2009, 01:56 PM   #16
Banned

bigjake62505's Arena

OVR: 22

I have 09 for ps2 and have not noticed that either. Every year the big east champ is in the orange bowl (I think).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »