Home

My Thoughts on the Game

This is a discussion on My Thoughts on the Game within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-02-2010, 02:12 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: My Thoughts on the Game

I actually traded in Madden to get this game. I didn't want to get rid of Madden, but at the same time I wanted this game. Last year I played NCAA 09 way more than Madden. And while Madden is a lot better this year, IMO, I still figured NCAA 10 would get more playing time from me. And it has. I'm not regretting my decision to trade Madden in one bit. This is a fun game. And honestly, that's all I ask for from video games. Sure it has it's problems, and sure I've complained about some of them, but it all comes down to having fun and I'm certainly enjoying NCAA Football 10.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 01-02-2010, 02:47 AM   #10
Rookie

Bender18's Arena

OVR: 2

I have found the coverage to be pretty good with decent sliders as well. And of course... it is just a video game. Sure, the stats might not always be like they are in real life, but it's still fun.

And there are certain things you can do in this game to have a slight advantage over the computer. But if you show some restraint and mix your playcall up, the game plays amazingly well.

Last edited by Bender18; 01-02-2010 at 03:16 AM.
Old 01-08-2010, 08:52 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikpin
Yea this is a pretty sad post. Play me online and we'll see how well 4 verticals and slants work. It's called adjusting coverages!

You didn't read the post from start to finish, or you didn't comprehend. You tell me?

As stated, I was in "coach mode." The whole point is that the cpu defense doesn't adjust its coverages, and no matter what play it calls, it can't stop slants and verticals because the secondary doesn't know how to cover.

Sad response on your part. Read the post first. Then respond.

Last edited by dp68; 01-08-2010 at 09:03 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2010, 08:57 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrew2411
I have to say you are wrong. The pass coverage is not top notich but with the right sliders it can be good. I happen to know a little about football (high school coach with a state ring) and this game is not like real life football but that is becuase it is a video game.

According to the promotion, it's realistic. Which is clearly misinformation.

Well I just coached Army to a 59-47 win over Auburn using 8 minute quarters. Called slant after slant, threw a few verticals for easy touchdowns. And Army is a run-option team with a terrible QB and WR set.

What I find truly disheartening is how many people are defending this horrible AI. It's not a fun game if a 5 year old can exploit it. It's 2010. How about expecting some decent AI from the most powerful software gaming company on the planet? For crying out loud, FPS Pro has been gone for 12 years and EA still can't approach its sophistication.

Last edited by dp68; 01-08-2010 at 09:02 PM.
Old 01-09-2010, 05:17 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

This is by far my favorite sports game from last year. I'll be playing it until NCAA 11 is released

It's very close in terms of gameplay and animations to NCAA 06 which was my favorite version even til this day.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 01-09-2010, 09:13 AM   #14
Rookie

prototype561's Arena

Yeah people know thats its a videogame, but the problem is that every year most videogames at least try get more realistic, most know that perfect realism will never happen but at least try. This forum is based of many hardcore sim base gamers who want to call an actual game of football. The NG Ncaa series makes me wonder if dev team really knows the x's and o's of football.

How can a game that is all physics base not have physics. I mean that could be a start.

Maybe actually test the game b4 u release it.

Maybe watch a college or nfl game to see how that plays.

Bingo we might have an real game of football. Its a game chess not checkers.
Old 01-10-2010, 12:53 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 37

[quote=Playmakers;2040628600]This is by far my favorite sports game from last year. I'll be playing it until NCAA 11 is released

It's very close in terms of gameplay and animations to NCAA 06 which was my favorite version even til this day.[/quote]

Yes it is by far the best next gen but I would never refer to it in the same category of 06... still the greatest football game ever!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »