Home

Depth Chart Dilemma

This is a discussion on Depth Chart Dilemma within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-03-2010, 06:57 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Depth Chart Dilemma

Alright so I took on the task of rebuilding SMU to glory without the payments from Boosters, school and such.....In our first year we performed to what I expected a 5-7 victory but vastly improved down the stretch going 4-2..

Anyhow we actually got some 4 star guys to come to our lowly school mainly because they were Texas guys...But the big dilemma is this...Kyle Padron, the freshman QB last year started every game set team records for yards and td's thrown for did not improve at all and his backup who is a junior now (Padron is a SO.) shot up the charts and overtook him rating wise should I keep Padron in there only because he led us last year or should I go with his backup? I have sentiments towards Padron since we both started at the same time to build up this poor team....

Thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2010, 07:34 PM   #2
Rookie

hawkeyebred2332's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Depth Chart Dilemma

Don't let this SMU distract you from Georgia

What I would do is if your sophomore hasn't used his redshirt yet I would redshirt him and let the other guy start for at least this year.

If he has already used his redshirt then I would have to look which one fit my play style more. If they are even there I personally would give the nod to the higher overall guy. Then at worst you know if he isn't getting it done you can fall back on a solid guy who started all of last year.
Old 01-03-2010, 07:37 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyebred2332
Don't let this SMU distract you from Georgia

What I would do is if your sophomore hasn't used his redshirt yet I would redshirt him and let the other guy start for at least this year.

If he has already used his redshirt then I would have to look which one fit my play style more. If they are even there I personally would give the nod to the higher overall guy. Then at worst you know if he isn't getting it done you can fall back on a solid guy who started all of last year.
Nothing will distract me from the hedges! He hasn't used his redshirt, I'm trying to figure out why he's 2 higher in overall because his throwing power is 1 higher but accuracy is the same. Padron is faster, maybe awareness? There is nothing built into the game if I redshirt a guy who started last year will deter recruits coming to my school is there?
Old 01-03-2010, 07:44 PM   #4
Rookie

hawkeyebred2332's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieK76
Nothing will distract me from the hedges! He hasn't used his redshirt, I'm trying to figure out why he's 2 higher in overall because his throwing power is 1 higher but accuracy is the same. Padron is faster, maybe awareness? There is nothing built into the game if I redshirt a guy who started last year will deter recruits coming to my school is there?

To my knowledge redshirting him wouldn't affect recruiting at all. I would think the only risk you would run is Padron transferring if you redshirt him. Don't quote me on the recruiting thing though cause I'm not 100% on that.

Since you said their arms are pretty much identical but Padron is faster I would personally give him the nod over the older guy. My two biggest things in a quarterback are accuracy and speed/accel for if protection breaks down, and it sounds like Padron is the better option in that case.

I still would be tempted to redshirt him though to give him another year to improve and still have 3 years left. Plus you know you have a "better" starting option anyway.
Old 01-03-2010, 09:39 PM   #5
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Don't look at overall. If Padron was your starter and played well go with him.He fits what your doing and the junior was not good enough for you to start the year before. In year 3 of my Miami dynasty I have went to a 3* RsFr over A.J. Highsmith due to the fact my 3* qb fits what I'm doing. He is a 81 ovr while Highsmith is a 87ovr. I use Highsmith on a few plays but all pass plays go to my RsFr.

P.S. Get ready for the Murray era in Athens. I hope!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2010, 11:19 PM   #6
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31

Go with Padron. If your Jr is Mitchell then defiantly go with Padron.
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »