Home

NCAA Staff...how much pressure?

This is a discussion on NCAA Staff...how much pressure? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: NCAA Staff...how much pressure?
Brian Kelly at ND Pressure 56 54.37%
Some pressure but can still breathe easy 23 22.33%
No Pressure 24 23.30%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-19-2010, 02:16 PM   #41
Banned

bigjake62505's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: NCAA Staff...how much pressure?

Quote:
Originally Posted by videlsports
Still givin the facts: I would like to see ea make one more good college game before the exclusive contract wears off next year. I hope they host another fan Blog to get some of the features they want in there. Just Take out the Predict pass/ run plays. people abuse this and ruins the spirit of trying to outsmart the next player, which is what football is about.
I agree, I dont like their current games, but I really believe they could make a great game. I think there will be issues with the game but they could make a game that would totally blow away anything out there right now. They have the resources to do it, but I think they have this idea that doing just enough to get by is ok.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2010, 06:19 PM   #42
Pro

videlsports's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjake62505
I agree, I dont like their current games, but I really believe they could make a great game. I think there will be issues with the game but they could make a game that would totally blow away anything out there right now. They have the resources to do it, but I think they have this idea that doing just enough to get by is ok.

WOW you know EA's model: I think they have this idea that doing just enough to get by is ok.This is what they are saying: BUy our games. It's in the game.
MLB:PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES
NCAAFB:PENN ST (Jerry's Gone PSU Moves on)
NCAABB:KENTUCKY WILDCATS
Old 01-19-2010, 06:42 PM   #43
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by videlsports
WOW you know EA's model: I think they have this idea that doing just enough to get by is ok.This is what they are saying: BUy our games. It's in the game.
If you honestly think that Take two will survive long enough to see a contract renegotiation. Here are three Scenarios, One of Which Will Happen.

1. Take Two stays the way it is. They will improve the Bottom line which will mean MLB and NHL 2k games will fold, Assuming EA does not buy the NCAA contract( TT cannot compete with EA Financially), They may develop a New football game for the next generation of Consoles. TT does not have the funds or the resources to throw together a title that can compete with NCAA football.

2. EA Buys Take Two. Maybe another Game publisher will make a NCAA game.

3. Activision Buys Take two: This is your best bet you want to see another NCAA game. Activision would have everything in place to make a run at EA sports. I would almost guarantee that if Activision did buy Take Two, You would see not only the NCAA contract free up, but the NFL and the MLB contract. EA and Activision are both very wealthy companies so it would not benefit them buy bidding on the contract as one of them would undoubtedly lose a ton of money.
Old 01-19-2010, 11:28 PM   #44
Pro

videlsports's Arena

OVR: 25

I like the Activison Aquirement. I just read an article with their chairman. He is interested in making quality games meaning less is more. I do think they could survive though. MLB won't fold. I think the deal will just expire, and ea will get back into the fold with Baseball. But Nobody's Stopping the show from Sony, Just Like 2k basketball nobody will top it yet. The NCAA is upset with the sales of the Franchise. Scince it's the only game being made, that's their only videogame revenue. They Realize that they would stand to make more money with multiple outlets. The contract was done because The NCAA did not expect take two to backout on the college hoop series and try to play to the highest bidder. With that said, They though scince Madden Football was selling so well, that The Ea Franchise would do the same given the recent resurgence college football.
MLB:PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES
NCAAFB:PENN ST (Jerry's Gone PSU Moves on)
NCAABB:KENTUCKY WILDCATS
Old 01-20-2010, 01:28 AM   #45
Rookie

UniversityofArizona's Arena

OVR: 3

I would say there is some pressure on the company to compete against other games in general.

Found this blurb on a google search:
Sorry i don't have 5 posts so the forum would not let me just give a link

January 11, 2010
Electronic Arts Inc. lowered its financial outlook for its fiscal third quarter of 2010 and fiscal year 2010, sending the stock tumbling after the bell on Monday.

The video game maker said it now expects its non-GAAP revenue for the third quarter in the range of $1.33 billion to $1.35 billion, below the market estimate of $1.42 billion. Electronic Arts also forecasts its third-quarter Non-GAAP EPS at 29 cents to 33 cents per share, well off the analyst consensus of 56 cents per share.

The 2010 fiscal year ending March 31 the company sees revenue of $4.125 billion to $4.2 billion, down from its previous guidance of $4.2 billion to $4.4 billion, and fiscal year 2010 guidance of 40 cents to 55 cents per share. Electronic Arts had seen its full year EPS guidance at 70 cents to $1 per share.

The company blamed a shift to lower margin distribution products during the holiday season, primarily in North America and on weakness for EA and the overall packaged goods sector in Europe for December.

Shares of Electronic Arts have plummeted 8.6 percent to $16.69 following the updated guidance after the market close.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2010, 07:45 AM   #46
Banned

bigjake62505's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusefan
If you honestly think that Take two will survive long enough to see a contract renegotiation. Here are three Scenarios, One of Which Will Happen.

1. Take Two stays the way it is. They will improve the Bottom line which will mean MLB and NHL 2k games will fold, Assuming EA does not buy the NCAA contract( TT cannot compete with EA Financially), They may develop a New football game for the next generation of Consoles. TT does not have the funds or the resources to throw together a title that can compete with NCAA football.

2. EA Buys Take Two. Maybe another Game publisher will make a NCAA game.

3. Activision Buys Take two: This is your best bet you want to see another NCAA game. Activision would have everything in place to make a run at EA sports. I would almost guarantee that if Activision did buy Take Two, You would see not only the NCAA contract free up, but the NFL and the MLB contract. EA and Activision are both very wealthy companies so it would not benefit them buy bidding on the contract as one of them would undoubtedly lose a ton of money.
Very nice post. I hope #3 happens, Activision is a nice company. Its funny that you mention activision because there is an article in gameinformer on Bobby Kotick Activision Blizzard CEO. There is some funny stories about him and what he had to do to stay in business in the early part of his career. If you get a chance check it out.
Old 01-21-2010, 04:55 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 8

Ironically, the main competition comes from in-house with games like Madden, Live, FIFA, etc. I think the exclusivity is killing EA and w/o the sales to make up the difference NCAA could be in trouble in 3 or 4 years.
Old 01-31-2010, 03:08 AM   #48
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusefan
Actually you couldn't be more wrong. No competition didn't help David Ortiz at Madden keep his job. NCAA is losing customers and the reviews are getting worse or are stagnant. If the game does not get a face lift, the Reviews will still be negative and people like me will still wait until Madden to get a football fix.
Yea i used to buy NCAA Football every year. this time i didnt becuz they took so many things out that i loved. Heres a list.

1. Realistic gameplay with smarter AI. Like dbling up on hot recievers, or putting best DB on him.

2. Crowd celebrations and cutscenes with signs like NCAA Football 05.

3. Time of day changes( Morning turns into afternoon, afternoon changes to night) during games.

4. Bring back user-controlled celebrations. On ps2 and xbox. we could choose out of to types of celebrations by holding L2(Mild Celebration) or R2(Extreme Celebration) with corresponding buttons. Square was player celebration. Triangle was Mascot celebration, and Circle was for Fan celebration. Also if u used the extreme celebration. It would sometimes get u a unsportsman like flag. I loved that and would love to see it agn.

5. I would like for certain stadiums to be louder than the other agn like NCAA 05. U could push a button to pump the crowd up to get very loud where it would sometimes cause other team confusion,and make controller and screen shake. Bigger the population. Louder the crowd! Also Bowl games need to sound like bowl games. They need to be louder.

6. I would also like the game to be faster, and the animations to be changes. They run like they are jogging, and other movements look robotic. this goes for Madden also.

7. Also with uniforms. I remember when u were in a bowl game. U would wear the patch of that bowl game on ur uniform. Havent played this years NCAA, but if it isnt in the game. that would be a nice idea.

8. Back to presentation. I would like to see end game celebrations like we had in the past. Like gatorade on coach when u won a come back or close game. Carrying the coach on shoulders while he holds bowl trophy after uve won. Also i used to like the sports illustrated pics of my team and players in dynasty mode on last gen systems.

9. Player discipline. I would like to see that back on the game.

10. Lasty. What happened to teams like Towson University and Morgan State. Why have they been taken out of Next Gen?

I know that was alot, but they were the things that made NCAA Better than Madden back then. Now its to much like Madden so i dont need to get it now. Tho i think Madden has a gang of flaws also. Thats a whole nother story and Game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »