Home

3 Keys to a more organic gameplay.

This is a discussion on 3 Keys to a more organic gameplay. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-04-2010, 06:23 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 25
Re: 3 Keys to a more organic gameplay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
1. Arm tackles- There should be way more arm tackling animations. Most broken tackles in real life are arm tackles not just trunking people. With layer blending I would like to see defenders that are engaged with a blocker reach out in an attempt to tackle or slow down the ball carrier. Also I would like to see unblocked defenders attempt more arm tackles instead of warping in position to make the tackle.

2. Rating specific moves- We can all agree that most ratings just seem like placbo pills. I think football games can learn alot from the basketball series and one is rating specific moves. Having a DT with 90+ block shedding will give him a different and more affective block shedding techinque. A CB with 90+ MCV will have a different and more affective set of pass defense moves and so on and so forth. And maybe most importantly they find some specific animations for blocking so you cant place a punter @ LT and have him hold his own with an All-American DE.

3. Tendencies- I have been stressing this since last dev. cycle. Having tendencies ensure your individual opponents plays to their strength and gives them personality. Add some additional ratings maybe on a scale of 1 to 5. Something like
  • Physicality - How often do they look for contact.
  • Risk taking - How often do they take chances.
  • Discipline - How well do they avoid mistakes.
  • Athletism(QB specific tendency) - How often does the QB look to take off with the football. If this tendency is low the QB will hardly run and will more often throw the ball away if a given amount of seconds pass or in the face of pressure.(because the CPU QB's never just throw the ball away)
I think this will add a great amount of realism that is really lacking in this game.
Yup....
Old 05-04-2010, 08:04 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
1. Arm tackles- There should be way more arm tackling animations. Most broken tackles in real life are arm tackles not just trunking people. With layer blending I would like to see defenders that are engaged with a blocker reach out in an attempt to tackle or slow down the ball carrier. Also I would like to see unblocked defenders attempt more arm tackles instead of warping in position to make the tackle.

2. Rating specific moves- We can all agree that most ratings just seem like placbo pills. I think football games can learn alot from the basketball series and one is rating specific moves. Having a DT with 90+ block shedding will give him a different and more affective block shedding techinque. A CB with 90+ MCV will have a different and more affective set of pass defense moves and so on and so forth. And maybe most importantly they find some specific animations for blocking so you cant place a punter @ LT and have him hold his own with an All-American DE.

3. Tendencies- I have been stressing this since last dev. cycle. Having tendencies ensure your individual opponents plays to their strength and gives them personality. Add some additional ratings maybe on a scale of 1 to 5. Something like
  • Athletism(QB specific tendency) - How often does the QB look to take off with the football. If this tendency is low the QB will hardly run and will more often throw the ball away if a given amount of seconds pass or in the face of pressure.(because the CPU QB's never just throw the ball away)
I think this will add a great amount of realism that is really lacking in this game.
That 1st idea was in APF 2k8. was very relistic. 1 thing u should add is consecutive tackles (Getting hit twice)/ Pro-Tak should just be taken off, becuz there are times when a guy needs an inch and i wanna hit stick him or just tackle him so he falls back. instead my guy joins the hugging animation and pulls him forward or goes behind him and pushed him forward for the 1st down or touchdown which is very unrealistic and annoying.
Old 06-06-2010, 09:56 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:

Completely agreed, hopefully an EA employee checks this thread out
Old 06-06-2010, 11:39 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 55

Good post, and good ideas.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Old 03-12-2011, 04:26 PM   #21
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

New year new cycle so I'm bumping this thread. Hopefully these are in because at the end of the day if the actually gameplay isn't improved (drastically) IMO it doesn't justify a purchase this year.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2011, 11:59 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 1

place a punter @ LT and have him hold his own with an All-American DE.

Amen.......... I can't stand that or a D rated fb on the line vs. my A rated dt and the fb just slams my dt to the ground all game long.
Old 03-14-2011, 08:51 PM   #23
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdeth
place a punter @ LT and have him hold his own with an All-American DE.

Amen.......... I can't stand that or a D rated fb on the line vs. my A rated dt and the fb just slams my dt to the ground all game long.
Great ideas for the threadstarter and yes they definitely need to fix it so that ratings and weight actually make a difference on line play. I'm sick of having guys in my dynasty that switch a FS or SS to DT and not get killed every play.
Old 04-22-2011, 12:20 PM   #24
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Well Madden has tendencies(hopefully NCAA has some sense of it) and NCAA has arm tackles(I'm sure Madden has it as well) Looking like I'm 2 for 3 right now. Come on rating specifics moves for the trifecta.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »