Home

Gampro review of ncaa 2004

This is a discussion on Gampro review of ncaa 2004 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2003, 03:52 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Gampro review of ncaa 2004

X-Box owners will always dream of having the better system. I'll never forget the first time I saw an X-Box - it was in Wal-Mart and a green screen of death was being featured on the screen above. I laughed a good laugh then.

Between that fat controller with all those oblong and misplaced buttons and a lack of support for games, I cannot understand why some ignoramous would go out and purchase one of those flaky contraptions - even if they have the money to do so.

The thing about PS2 is that it can do more with less. Always has, always will. Valuable lesson to be learned from all of this for X-Box owners. It's not the system that makes the games, but the games that make the system.
Same reason why a hardware inferior Sega Genesis beat out the old SNES, the PSX beat out the Saturn/Nintendo 64, and the PS2 has beaten out the Dreamcast/Gamecube/X-Box. If It's In The Game, It's In The Game.
Old 06-27-2003, 04:46 AM   #10
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:

alienreb said:
X-Box owners will always dream of having the better system. I'll never forget the first time I saw an X-Box - it was in Wal-Mart and a green screen of death was being featured on the screen above. I laughed a good laugh then.

Between that fat controller with all those oblong and misplaced buttons and a lack of support for games, I cannot understand why some ignoramous would go out and purchase one of those flaky contraptions - even if they have the money to do so.

The thing about PS2 is that it can do more with less. Always has, always will. Valuable lesson to be learned from all of this for X-Box owners. It's not the system that makes the games, but the games that make the system.
Same reason why a hardware inferior Sega Genesis beat out the old SNES, the PSX beat out the Saturn/Nintendo 64, and the PS2 has beaten out the Dreamcast/Gamecube/X-Box. If It's In The Game, It's In The Game.

Watch the name calling. I have all the systems which makes me understand the value of each system. To call someone ignorant for owning a particular system is wrong and will get you out the door pretty quick, I believe.

Old 06-27-2003, 04:46 AM   #11
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:

alienreb said:

You're kidding right??

The sega sports games are much better looking and have much higher frame rates on the XBOX. Take a look at the PS2 version of Splinter Cell next to the XBOX version. There's no comparison. These are just a few examples.

Games looking better on the PS2 are the exception, not the rule, and to think otherwise is pretty naive.

Why would you call the XBOX flaky. My launch unit has worked flawlessly. I am on my 2nd PS2 (and it is starting to flake out), as well as having 3 PSX's die horrible deaths unexpectedly. I have owned every major console produced, and the Sony products are the ones that have typically had the flaky hardware.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2003, 06:53 AM   #12
Banned

AirLobo23's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:

This is why the PS2 is so popular, becuz of [censored you naughty boy] like this that don't see things for what they really are, or aren't willing to give something new a try. I've owned the PS2, XBOX, and Gamecube, all at the same time, and the only one I still have today is da box.

Anyone that is considering buying a PS2 over an XBOX these days, needs to be educated. Forget about it's hardware superiority over the inferior PS2, simply take a look at what your getting for the price. Sony is still charging $25 for a puny memory card.

Sony has been out a year longer, of course the game library is bigger. X still has a TON of games that look and play better on it than the PS2.

And if you think X doesn't have enough games, then you need to get out a little more.
Old 06-27-2003, 08:18 AM   #13
Bl*bfl*th z*p!

fossen's Arena

OVR: 28

I think it's a great idea to compare the game on various systems. But I will remind you all that this is the NCAA Football 2004 Forum - keep the discussion on topic.

I'll also remind you of the TOS you agreed to:
Quote:

· System Wars
System wars benefit no one. We encourage intelligent discussions about the merits and flaws of each system, but senseless console bashing should be avoided.

Alienreb - this means you, in particular.
Old 06-27-2003, 08:37 AM   #14
MVP

toychri's Arena

OVR: 8

LOL @ aleinrob...you're kidding right? Please, no console [censored you naughty boy] here kid.

And second, brighter does not mean better. Brighter usually means more washed out to hide jaggies and seam lines, etc.

I'm just glad the game comes out soon, 7/15 is soooo far away.
Old 06-27-2003, 09:53 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 2

the magazine said that ps2 had better lighting but xbox has better resolution.. lighting is nothing. i rather have better resolution.. the day that a ps2 game has better graphics then an xbox game i will jumo of a cliff.... it will never happen.... the only advantage is the online play and thats nothing cuz the game is better when u play dynasty not little kids on the web
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2003, 10:01 AM   #16
Pro

OVR: 4

I've got both systems too, and the only thing right now that keeps me buying all the FB games on PS2 is that I like the controller a lot better. I guess I got so used to it over the years. But the Xbox is definately a stronger machine. I love the HD. Even though I do have the controller S, I like the PS2 triggers better than the Xbox ones. But anything else, all Xbox baby. play the same games on both systems, and you'll definately see a difference.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »