Home

position changes question

This is a discussion on position changes question within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-25-2010, 09:22 PM   #17
Pro

fcboiler87's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: position changes question

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan55
it's not cheesy at all in fact it's a pretty common switch from one level to the next. If a high school mlb isn't fast enough to play the position at the next level the logical thing to do is put some weight on him and move him to the line. O-lineman don't translate as well because they lack quickness.
Agreed. I know Purdue has done it on several occasions. They got Brent Grover from Fort Highlands in Kentucky and he was a 4 star linebacker. He got moved to DT and had a few shots in the league at it. They also did the same with a guy named Brandon Villareal from Texas. Granted, they probably put on 40 pounds with the help of a college weight program, but still, it happens.
Old 01-27-2010, 01:14 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 13

great idea, let's treat the game like real life. GENIUS!

NOT!

I could care less if it does happen irl, IN THE GAME IS CHEESY, and that's why it shouldn't be done.

Spoiler
Old 01-27-2010, 06:57 AM   #19
Pro

fcboiler87's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrabbit
great idea, let's treat the game like real life. GENIUS!

NOT!

I could care less if it does happen irl, IN THE GAME IS CHEESY, and that's why it shouldn't be done.

It's really only "cheesy" if you play against people online. I don't. And apparently this guy doing this dynasty is just doing one offline. And two, it's not really "cheese" when it really doesn't make a big difference. In the times I have moved an MLB to DT, he really doesn't do much more than an average DT would. Why? Well, DTs don't have much of an impact in this game to begin with. Therefore, even if someone did it online, there is no real reason to complain because they don't end up being any better than a typical DT. You might have a point if switching an MLB made him into an all-world DT who got 15 tackles a game, but even Suh doesn't do that on this game. So don't complain. In the mean time, do whatever makes you feel better. The point of the game is to enjoy it, at whatever rate that may be.
Old 01-27-2010, 11:18 AM   #20
Rookie

Arkavian's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcboiler87
I have moved some MLBs to DT and they are just beasts. Their strength and speed make them very good.
I've done this a couple of times in my dyansty. Recruited more LB's than I needed but during position changes, if I selected DT or DE they either stayed the same or their rating went up a few ticks.

Usually I'm moving them because their speed ratings and a few other factors are not up to par with what I want out of my LB's. It is usually an OLB that is too slow for what I want so I see if I can move them to another position better suited to their ratings.

Usually though, I'll move a DT to this position if I don't get the DE recruits I want.

Last edited by Arkavian; 01-27-2010 at 11:21 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »