Home

Need opinions on an online dynasty problem!

This is a discussion on Need opinions on an online dynasty problem! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-22-2010, 05:30 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Need opinions on an online dynasty problem!

OK, so here is the situation. Game is being played on Hiesman, its double overtime and I am winning 34-31. The comps 1st play he throws pick to my FS at about the 3 yard line. I run maybe 5 yards or so and i go down, then as the player was down he "fumbled" and the comps QB comes up scoops and scores and goes up 37-34. Now right as it happened I was like oh whatever he was clearly down no big deal ill just challenge it, it was one of those obvious non fumbles that you see right away.
Anyways, right after he scores the game doesn't challenge it on its own and just goes right to the end of game screen. I get no chance to even call for a challenge and the game just ends.
I lose 37-34.... Now at this point im stunned and look to challenge and i get no option. So now i look at the instant replay because it was the last play of the game and again I could easily confirm that my player was down (practically rolling) and the ball came loose. So at this point im screwed and im feeling cheated big time because it was a big game and I should have had a challenge, So i quit out and played them again and won. Now the issue is that my compadres think its BS and I should just take the loss. I completely disagree and now we are at a stand still. Only way I would have been able to challenge it would have been if I was up 38-37 and had the extra point to stop and challenge.

So what does the public think? Take the loss or play the game for a 3rd time or something like that? Or just keep the 2nd game as is, which I won 38-21.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2010, 05:49 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 29
Re: Need opinions on an online dynasty problem!

Did the clock hit zero during the play so you couldn't even call a timeout? I know it's a bug in the game, but i'd take the loss. refs do blow calls I can't remember which bowl game it was, but there were a couple of plays that in looking at them i would have sworn on my life the calls should have went one way, but the replay ofifcial ruled the opposite. it happens take the loss and next time don't let it come down to a play like that.
Old 01-22-2010, 05:56 PM   #3
Rookie

I had no opprutunity to call a TO cause the game just ended because it was OT. The comp didn't have to kick the extra point. Official or myself should have had a review. THere was a turnover and its one that should be reviewed.
Old 01-22-2010, 06:54 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 29

didn't realize it was OT and that does suck, but like I said that kind of stuff happens in football all the time. even on plays that are reviewed what looks like a sure thing sometimes isn't.
Old 01-22-2010, 09:35 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito2009
OK, so here is the situation. Game is being played on Hiesman, its double overtime and I am winning 34-31. The comps 1st play he throws pick to my FS at about the 3 yard line. I run maybe 5 yards or so and i go down, then as the player was down he "fumbled" and the comps QB comes up scoops and scores and goes up 37-34. Now right as it happened I was like oh whatever he was clearly down no big deal ill just challenge it, it was one of those obvious non fumbles that you see right away.
Anyways, right after he scores the game doesn't challenge it on its own and just goes right to the end of game screen. I get no chance to even call for a challenge and the game just ends.
I lose 37-34.... Now at this point im stunned and look to challenge and i get no option. So now i look at the instant replay because it was the last play of the game and again I could easily confirm that my player was down (practically rolling) and the ball came loose. So at this point im screwed and im feeling cheated big time because it was a big game and I should have had a challenge, So i quit out and played them again and won. Now the issue is that my compadres think its BS and I should just take the loss. I completely disagree and now we are at a stand still. Only way I would have been able to challenge it would have been if I was up 38-37 and had the extra point to stop and challenge.

So what does the public think? Take the loss or play the game for a 3rd time or something like that? Or just keep the 2nd game as is, which I won 38-21.
You should have taken the loss. Even if you could have challenged the play you would have lost the challenge. A problem with this year's game is if you dive without being touched you will fumble more often than not. Yes, I know the ground can't cause the fumble. Still have not seen the game overturn a call where the guy dives like you describe and fumble.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2010, 11:54 PM   #6
Rookie

I didnt dive to the ground at all...just went down and that was it. i was scared to dive really. The guy was clearly down once i saw the instant replay. My guy was almost starting to rollover and the ball came out.
Old 01-26-2010, 11:37 PM   #7
Rookie

phimutau's Arena

OVR: 2

In my honest opinion you should have taken the loss. Refs make bad calls all the time and teams dont get mulligans. Remember when Ed Hocules screwed the San Diego Chargers against Denver on that Jay Cutler fumble. San Diego would have loved to hit restart and just play the game over instead of taking a crappy loss from a ref's mistake. Yeah the loss sucked and it pissed you off, but sh*t happens. I take the side of your leaguemates and say you should have taken the loss.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »