Home

Which young QB should I stick with?

This is a discussion on Which young QB should I stick with? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-27-2010, 02:22 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: Which young QB should I stick with?

maybe it ain't right, but QB A might have just lost his job after going down with an injury in the game vs Cal that will keep him out for 2 weeks after this game.

two and a half quarters into this game, these were his numbers: 3 of 12, 18yds, 0 TD's, 2 INT's, sacked 3 times. 4.2 rating.

QB B comes in (what a nice situation that is when you have a proven backup): 8 of 8, 235yds, 2 TD's, 0 INT's, sacked twice. 429.2 rating!

against the SAME defense (Cal's defense is rated A) his first throw of the game he hits my top wideout for a 52yard TD! I was down 17-7 at the time so that cut it to 3.

later on after Cal had scored another TD, he hit my slot wr on a slant, BANG, 59yard TD.

he made some really nice throws; next two games are vs Oregon then on the road at #2 LSU, hostile environment for sure. If he performs at a high level while QB A is out, it'll be extremely hard for me to bench him.

The drama contines ...

Spoiler
Old 01-27-2010, 02:47 PM   #18
Rookie

hawkeye2188's Arena

OVR: 21

My vote is for A, younger and stronger arm, faster. Accuracy can be made up if you make wise decisions.
Old 01-28-2010, 12:58 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 14

I mentioned this in another thread, but I will expand here. My accurate QB that sat for three straight years, is turning out to be the best one I have ever had. He can't run to save his life, but his first game he was 21-22. The only pass he missed was a check down to the halfback that hit the right guard in the back when he stepped in front of it. Not really the QB's fault. I can't tell you how many times my QB last season would toss a pass to a wide open receiver and have it go no where near him. Or worse, have it go over his head and land in the arms of a waiting safety. I never passed on a post route if there was a defender as close as an arm length away because he under threw a lot as well. If my receiver did manage to make the catch, he was all twisted up and got no yards after or just dumped the ball for a fumble. This year, I can lead a post route, even if covered slightly, I hit the comebacks perfectly, and I even had one pass sail over the head of the defender and land perfectly in the arms of my wide out on a deep pass. The only INT so far in three games came by tossing it to my tight end on a screen when I hadn't realize he was covered. I thought he was wide open and didn't see the corner sitting in the zone; I thought he had went out with my receiver. That would would have been picked by the worst handed LB even if thrown by Drew Brees. So anyway, I am curious to see if you experience the same thing with your QB. I just wish I had used him last season. I would have had a better season.
Old 01-28-2010, 02:24 PM   #20
Rookie

wenning22's Arena

OVR: 6

I have been in this situation but actually people might have thought I was crazy. I have a 92 ovr sophomore redshirt and a 82 ovr redshirt freshman. The sophomore was just like your A QB and my freshman was just like your B. A couldnt hit the broad side of a barn in my balanced playbook. His complete percentage got down to 40%. I started out 3-2 with QB A so I decided to put in the lesser rated QB and finished the season 10-2 beating Iowa, Penn State, and Ohio State. From then on I stopped looking at speed and ovr rating and chose the accurate arm even if it wasn't the big cannon.
Old 01-29-2010, 09:18 PM   #21
Rookie

vatechfan44's Arena

OVR: 6

B, because he is faster and if u change your playbook like Oregon's he will be great throwing and running out of the option
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »