Home

3-3-5

This is a discussion on 3-3-5 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-25-2010, 05:31 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: 3-3-5

Best defense in the game. All the other defensive packages are garbage.
Old 01-27-2010, 09:26 PM   #10
Rookie

Jet5195wvu's Arena

OVR: 4

one of the best parts of the 3-3-5 is blitzing with SS's off the edge
Old 01-27-2010, 10:12 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

Yeah i am using this defense for my San Diego State dynasty and it seems to work pretty well. It is good for holding down option plays and passing, but wont stop a powerful running back from going up the middle.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2010, 10:37 PM   #12
Banned

IRISHFBFAN1's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet5195wvu
one of the best parts of the 3-3-5 is blitzing with SS's off the edge

Absolutely right!
Old 01-31-2010, 12:30 AM   #13
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

in real life the high school team i coach defense for, we run a 3-5-3. A nose, 2 tackles, then 3 LBs and 2 what we call Hawks (hybrid OLBs/SS type) and then 2 corners and a safety. I'd like to be able to create our own formations and plays to put something like this in.

Ive also been working on a new formation i created the past few weeks while studying some tape of the NE Patriots and reading some books. I'm using it as our Money package where we replace the nose with a Nickelback (we call him a Hawk). Its a variation from a 3-4. We replace the nose with a nickelback, have 2 tackles in the A gaps and the Sam & Will LBs on the outside eye of the tackles. Typically it will be used against a 4 wide so there will be a Hawk on 1 slot, SS on the other slot, 2 corners on the Splits and a FS. The Zip LB & Mike LB will be head up on the guards. But a little variation i'm using from the Patriots is what i call Dub (so Money Dub) where the tackles will move to the outside eye of the OTs and the Sam & Will will move to the A Gaps (both still standing) and we can actually call strong or weak so that we have lets say the Sam head up on the center, Will head up on the Guard, and the tackles will remain the same. Then the Zip will move to head up over the non-covered guard and Mike will lineup behind the Sam. It sounds confusing but its really not. It creates an overload while still protecting the weaker side and allows us to confuse the offense by blitzing from many different angles, and with the Sam & Will backers both standing, and the Zip & Mike behind them, it creates confusion as to who is blitzing.

We can play different zones, man under, combo coverage, blitz the hawk or SS, blitz the Zip or Mike, drop the Sam or Will, we can do a whole lot of things off of it.

Last edited by JerseySuave4; 01-31-2010 at 12:33 AM.
Old 02-19-2010, 04:39 PM   #14
Rookie

trayeight's Arena

OVR: 6

Easily the best defense in the game. I was a 4-2-5 guy, but I converted, and I completely dominate with this defense. The key is to recruit what you need to run it, and to not be a star whore. You won't get gashed inside if you recruit a strong NT. I only recruit NTs with B+ strength or higher. Most of the time you can get guys that the other people in the OD won't touch. Last class, my DT came in at 6'5, 291, 81 OVR with 91 strength... and he was a 3* kid.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »