Home

Real Life Progression

This is a discussion on Real Life Progression within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-28-2010, 04:10 AM   #9
MVP

boisejames's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Real Life Progression

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaunLMason
If a player is injured, they could regress if they for example, lose speed or agility, etc.

The more tangible benefit should be they don't get gains where they normally would. An injured player does not lift weights and train as hard as they normally could, so they wouldn't progress as much. Also, awareness would be stunted, since they lost practice and gameplay time.

Some of the difference isn't in ability as much as in work ethic...a driven player will work harder and see the field more.

So, these scenario's can be expressed in individual ratings, which I suppose would translate to the overall rating.
This is why I think so many 5* players turn out to be busts. A lot of them think, "hell, I'm one of the best 50 or so players in my class, I don't even have to try." Because for a lot of them, their talent is god given and that's enough to dominate in High School, but it's the one's that keep working that become our Tim Tebows and Taylor Mays'.

Boobie Miles: C'mon man. This is god given. The only thing I gotta do is show up.

Boobie Miles would've been a 5* bust.
MLB: SEA
EFL: BHA
MLS: POR
Old 01-28-2010, 10:36 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 31

Players regress. Game to game. Year to year.

Look at Maddens ratings from year to year....or even NCAA. I bet a lot of players ratings went down from 08 to 09.

Yet very few people would be surprised if say Jay Cutler's rating dropped or how about Jevon Snead? His rating should increase after the year he had?

Anyways the value of ratings are lost if every player increases (or stays the same) in rating year to year. Unless you remove the 99 cap your suggestion makes no sense to me whatsoever.
Old 01-28-2010, 05:16 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 20

I wish it was like College Hoops 2k8 where potential was visable. Depending on how good your scouts were would portray how good the recruit is. I got a 5 star recruit that said to have a potential of A, but really it was like a C. We need more busts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2010, 06:07 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatoes002
I wish it was like College Hoops 2k8 where potential was visible. Depending on how good your scouts were would portray how good the recruit is. I got a 5 star recruit that said to have a potential of A, but really it was like a C. We need more busts.
That is kind of cool. Especially considering how much effort and frustration it takes to get certain players. I can't tell you how excited I was to get that 5 star QB after three years of having them stolen from me every year in the last week(s). Imagine now if he is a bust. I love emotional roller coasters lol!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »