Home

Sick and tired of not being able to play DEFENSE

This is a discussion on Sick and tired of not being able to play DEFENSE within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-02-2010, 02:09 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 26
Sick and tired of not being able to play DEFENSE

attributes mean nothing. It's literally LUCK whether or not the cpu converts 3rd downs or not. It's amazing EA. Good for you.

Don't tell me to d-up either. I'm way ahead of you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2010, 01:16 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: Sick and tired of not being able to play DEFENSE

I have a pretty strong defense, indeed my defense has really been the corner stone of my dynasty and kept me competitive despite seeing my offense wax and wane throughout the years. But there are times when the CPU will always get that first down. I don't know if this is programmed in or what, but I have blitzed 11 men before and watched the QB or HB shake them all and eek out a first down. I have seen their WR make catches with four men all over them and yet come down with the ball. Sometime just for S&G, on third down plays I will pause right as the CPU throws and the commentators will start talking about how good the play was before it is actually over. But at the end of the day, it is just a game. If you are looking for it to be real, then suit up and play some real football. Otherwise, just kick back with a cold one and enjoy the game. This coming from the guy that has broken quite a few controllers in his life.
Old 02-02-2010, 01:53 PM   #3
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

What sliders do you use. I have found with "Blues Varsity Sliders" the game plays 10x's better then with any other sliders I have played with. I have not seen what you are talking about. In 3rd and short the CPU will run the ball or pass, & 3rd in long I have seen the CPU call a run like a give up play to get get a trunover. I can get stops and at times I do give up the 1st. I have yet to fell like the CPU is cheating or scripted to always get a 1st down.
Old 02-02-2010, 01:58 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

sorry i gotta say it

"get your d-up"

nothing wrong wit the computer on this game i been playing on heisman forever and never had a problem stopping the offense sometimes i think its too easy
Old 02-02-2010, 03:16 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 26

Using default Heisman sliders. The speed of the ball through the air is just ********. I've been playing '03 and '04 all weekend and then I pop in the '10 ps3 version to continue my dynasty and it just is what it is. I have to program myself to deal with the game before I can enjoy it. I'll enjoy it more tonight, it just sucked coming off of that quality gameplay all weekend.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2010, 03:40 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingmgt
Using default Heisman sliders. The speed of the ball through the air is just ********. I've been playing '03 and '04 all weekend and then I pop in the '10 ps3 version to continue my dynasty and it just is what it is. I have to program myself to deal with the game before I can enjoy it. I'll enjoy it more tonight, it just sucked coming off of that quality gameplay all weekend.
That's the problem default sliders esp on heisman are terrible.
Old 02-02-2010, 04:29 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingmgt
attributes mean nothing. It's literally LUCK whether or not the cpu converts 3rd downs or not. It's amazing EA. Good for you.
If you're playing as GT then one might claim that it's fairly realistic of what happened this year, yes?

Here's hopin' Groh does a better job than Wommack!
Old 02-03-2010, 12:29 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

I play with Playmaker's sliders w/ a few tweaks to favor the CPU. I run the odd stack defense and usually play straight man or man under but i'm always bringin pressure either from LBs or from safeties off the edge. On obvious passing downs you have to have 4 hands on the ground or you won't put any pressure on their QB. Playing zone might work here and there if you rarely run it but man is by far the more effective coverage because it's the best at putting your guys into position to make a play, whereas the CPU QB will usually pick apart zone. If your secondary is not very fast/skilled then i advise playing off man rather than press man. And if you do play press man out of the 3-3-5 then you better make sure your safeties are fairly quick b/c they will try to burn you on smash routes. Schemes for running the football are a joke on this game so that shouldn't be a problem to stop either.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »