Home

Minimums at position

This is a discussion on Minimums at position within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-02-2010, 11:13 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 11
Minimums at position

Does anyone know where I can find the minimums at each position depending on playbook, either offense or defense?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2010, 11:47 AM   #2
Rookie

rollinphat's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Minimums at position

it's based on what type of offense you run and not the playbook.
all you have to do is change your settings around.

like a spread offense only requires 1 FB on your roster while a west coast offense requires 2.

i still can't understand why we have minimums at a positions anyway.
maybe i don't want a FB on my team
Old 02-02-2010, 01:17 PM   #3
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinphat
it's based on what type of offense you run and not the playbook.
all you have to do is change your settings around.

like a spread offense only requires 1 FB on your roster while a west coast offense requires 2.

i still can't understand why we have minimums at a positions anyway.
maybe i don't want a FB on my team
Are you sure about that. I always run a spread style offense and if I don't have 2 fullbacks then I get a walk-on. I think you have to have 2 players at every position except for QB (3), RB (3), WR(4), TE(3), CB(4), K(1), P(1). Atleast that is when I have gotten walk-ons before. I don't think and I'm almost 100% sure the style of play you choose has nothing to do with position minimums. I'm not real sure the style even effects anything at all because the playbook is always the same no matter what style you choose. It's seems to me to be one of those things EA puts in there games that does nothing.
Old 02-02-2010, 04:56 PM   #4
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

It is based on the settings, and I'm pretty sure the 1st guy is right about spread teams needing 1 FB. Just like 3-4 requires more MLBs than 4-3 and 3-3-5/4-2-5 requires more SSes.

This has nothing to do with what playbooks you use, but with how your team is set up in the recruiting options under "offensive type" and "defensive type" (I think that's what the categories are called).
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 02-02-2010, 05:23 PM   #5
Rookie

rollinphat's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
It is based on the settings, and I'm pretty sure the 1st guy is right about spread teams needing 1 FB. Just like 3-4 requires more MLBs than 4-3 and 3-3-5/4-2-5 requires more SSes.

This has nothing to do with what playbooks you use, but with how your team is set up in the recruiting options under "offensive type" and "defensive type" (I think that's what the categories are called).
correct.
you can also change the settings from the dynasty screen.
i'm at work so i can't look at it, but i believe its under a title called SIM STRATEGY.
you can change your playbook inside this setting and what TYPE of offense you run.
you can also adjust your run/pass ratio's in there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2010, 06:23 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 11

To clarify:

I understand different offense styles and different defenses need differet minimums to run.

I am looking for a list as it pertains to the game as to what each offense and defense needs as a minimum.

The total players needed minimum per team is between 47 and 50. I need the breakdown by offense and defense per position.
Old 02-02-2010, 08:27 PM   #7
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinphat
correct.
you can also change the settings from the dynasty screen.
i'm at work so i can't look at it, but i believe its under a title called SIM STRATEGY.
you can change your playbook inside this setting and what TYPE of offense you run.
you can also adjust your run/pass ratio's in there.
Yes, I know this. I always go in and change my style to spread with every team I play with. I know the playbooks has nothing to do with this. The point I wanted to make about the playbooks was even if you choose spread, the plays in the playbook don't change. Also like I said before I always run a spread attack and I have to have 2 FB's. If I don't have 2 before the walk-ons are added before you start the next season I get a walk-on there. If I have 2 FB's then I don't. I just booted up my game. I was at the end of my season. When I got to the cut play screan I had 2 walk-ons at FB and I tried to cut 1. It said I would be under the required minimum. I have to have 2 FB. Went and checked my play style. It has not changed and still says "spread". So here is what I say the minimums are.
QB= 3
HB= 3
FB= 2
WR= 4
TE= 3
T= 4
G= 4
C= 2
DE= 4
DT= 4
OLB= 4
MLB= 3
CB= 4
S= 4
K= 1
P= 1

When I have anything less then that I get walk-ons to meet these numbers.
Old 02-03-2010, 12:51 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 29

yeah it'd be nice if they would dump these minimums. I suspect they're in the game for the benefit of the cpu teams, but it'd be real nice if they'd just have a roster size min/max for hum controlled and leave it at that. Madden could use that advice as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »