Home

Impact Players

This is a discussion on Impact Players within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-06-2010, 02:12 AM   #1
Rookie

MEAST26's Arena

OVR: 3
Impact Players

Not sure if this has already been answered, but how what's the point of Impact Players? I remember 06 or 07 had the slo-mo cam and the guy would make a big play when he was "in the zone", but in NCAA 10 (or any of the next-gen games for that matter), how are Impact Players any different from just another really good player?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2010, 02:59 AM   #2
Rookie

King_CEPS_11's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Impact Players

I'm not positive on this one but I believe it has no extra bonus or anything like that it more or less just signifies that they are your best players.
Old 02-06-2010, 11:50 AM   #3
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

They have no effect at all. My impact players always change half way through a seasons. I don't always just focus on my impact players because they are not always my best players. EA needs to work on this.
Old 02-06-2010, 12:47 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

My impact players always change mid-season as well. I wish the impact players did have some type of added bonus.
Old 02-06-2010, 01:31 PM   #5
MVP

boisejames's Arena

OVR: 14

The only thing I notice is that the opposing team keys on them. I had a really good HB that wasn't an impact player and he ran all over defenses until he became an impact player, then it was a little more difficult, PA worked a little better too.
MLB: SEA
EFL: BHA
MLS: POR
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2010, 02:11 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 7

I have noticed that computer controlled Impact Players, whether on your team, or the cpu, tend to make more big plays at key moments. I had one against a user last night. Had it been any other player on my d, normal tackle on a big hit. This one he thumped the guy on the punt return and jarred the ball loose. His hit power is not high either.

Mike

PS - you tend to have an off. and a def. impact player chosen at the beginning of the year. As somebody else becomes a standout on the team, they garner that 3rd star. And that can change depending on the performances of teammates.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »