Home

Official Remove Run Commit Petition for NCAA11

This is a discussion on Official Remove Run Commit Petition for NCAA11 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-11-2010, 02:26 PM   #17
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Official Remove Run Commit Petition for NCAA11

Please get rid of this...

Nebraska Cornhuskers
Washington Redskins
Miami Heat
Old 02-11-2010, 09:13 PM   #18
MVP

jclentzthadon's Arena

OVR: 15

They need to dump all that garbage they put in NCAA 10. Make the freaking game play correctly without putting in these wack features. It's stupid...
Old 02-12-2010, 01:44 AM   #19
Banned

IRISHFBFAN1's Arena

OVR: 8

Lava makes some great points, and I do think EA was going the right direction with this feature but it has gotten way out of hand. Needs to be tweaked so that it can still be apart of ones strategy but MY God! NOTLIKE THE CHEESERS are using it now.

I also think that offensive and defensive line play as far as zone blocking would really benefit the game. AND PLEASE EA, please slow this game down, a lot of the problems would sort out if you would at least give us the option to slow the game down. Players are to spastic, to jerky, and ball coming out of the QB'S hand when throwing needs to be addressed, killing my WR'S with the extremly hard throws. I love this game, and I have always loved the NCAA Series. EA has a chance to really lift themselves with the public and this is the game that is the key. Everybody will be watching, everybody will be waiting. This game cannot afford to go backwards anymore. The EA DEV team is a good one, I have faith in that, and they have proven that they know what they are doing. Its time, not for MADDEN, its time EA for NCAA 11 to be the one game upcoming that will make the difference. EA SHOULD BE STRIVING FOR ITS CONSUMERS TO WANT TO TRADE MADDEN IN FOR NCAA, not the opposite. Now I love both games, and I keep them both every year. I just made that statement to help the team strive for making this the best game. So much to offer for NCAA 11, SO MUCH! Remember, COLLEGE FOOTBALL is by far the most loved game! We need EA to show us they feel the same way.
Madden is fine now, great game, it can walk and feed itself. Now, lets give NCAA some love .
Old 02-12-2010, 09:21 AM   #20
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRISHFBFAN1
Lava makes some great points, and I do think EA was going the right direction with this feature but it has gotten way out of hand. Needs to be tweaked so that it can still be apart of ones strategy but MY God! NOTLIKE THE CHEESERS are using it now.

I also think that offensive and defensive line play as far as zone blocking would really benefit the game. AND PLEASE EA, please slow this game down, a lot of the problems would sort out if you would at least give us the option to slow the game down. Players are to spastic, to jerky, and ball coming out of the QB'S hand when throwing needs to be addressed, killing my WR'S with the extremly hard throws. I love this game, and I have always loved the NCAA Series. EA has a chance to really lift themselves with the public and this is the game that is the key. Everybody will be watching, everybody will be waiting. This game cannot afford to go backwards anymore. The EA DEV team is a good one, I have faith in that, and they have proven that they know what they are doing. Its time, not for MADDEN, its time EA for NCAA 11 to be the one game upcoming that will make the difference. EA SHOULD BE STRIVING FOR ITS CONSUMERS TO WANT TO TRADE MADDEN IN FOR NCAA, not the opposite. Now I love both games, and I keep them both every year. I just made that statement to help the team strive for making this the best game. So much to offer for NCAA 11, SO MUCH! Remember, COLLEGE FOOTBALL is by far the most loved game! We need EA to show us they feel the same way.
Madden is fine now, great game, it can walk and feed itself. Now, lets give NCAA some love .
As much as i dislike ND... i have to agree!! I love your passion, i feel the same way. i bought my ps3 3 years ago just to play ncaa.. and really.. it's all i play. Uncharteds and GTA were nice... but i've spent HUNDREDS of hours playing NCAA. NCAA 10 was not far from being the best ever... tweak a few things here and there and add some presentation and we could be in business. Don't go too crazy with an overhaul but with some better OL/DL play, a tad slower gamespeed, a few new plays and formations, and some presentation would be awesome.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:35 AM   #21
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOREST007
I see you're kinda sensitive about your post, but I'm going to ask why do you want it out? You can't just start a "petition" with no support or anything, I don't think you clearly thought this boycott out. I don't wanna follow a chicken with no head...bad metaphor, but I just saw a headless chicken on T.V. and thought it was funny.

P.S. I'm against taking it out, I don't see any reason to take it out.

And ill tell you why it needs to be removed... b/c it RUINS head to head play. If you are just playing the computer in dynasty mode or whatever then obviously it's not a big deal.

I love to run the ball and it sends me into my next life to look at the defense before the snap and know that i have them outmanned to one side with an extra blocker or TE or something... KNOW that it should be a good play... and BAM run commit to that side KILLS it. Does anyone watch football? I mean sometimes it's OBVIOUS where the ball is going and they might even get an extra OL on one side, but b/c they are outmanned it doesnt get stopped. But the defense has to be balanced to cover playaction or a counter or something.

Now if the defense slides to one side or even crashes that side then fine, maybe it gets stopped for a shorter GAIN. But if i have 4 blockers on one side against 3 defenders on one side of the box... AND i have a lead blocker... that play should NOT be stopped in the backfield by a friggin 3-2-6 or something. PERIOD. That's why it needs to be out of the game.

Anyone who thinks a defense with less than 4 DL's and 3 LB's should be able to stop a goalline or Tight I is on crack and is a cheeser. I dont care if i run the same play everytime... a dime, nickel, or quarters SHOULD never stop an offensive formation with 2 te's and a lead blocker. Sure part of the problem is poor OL blocking in this game but for the most part.. WITHOUT run commit, you can pound the ball all day if you have the defense outmanned or outsized to one side.

Run Commit has no place... there is no such thing... CALL THE DEFENSIVE PLAY TO STOP THE RUN. EA put this feature in to help the beginner and it's killed the SIM players. If they keep it then it should ONLY BE IN FAMILY PLAY. And if it's included in regular head to head play, online or off then i'm done with this game.

Keep in mind.. i'm a level 22, 172-55 player online. It's not that i can't win b/c of it, it's just that it takes the realism out of many games i play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2010, 09:44 AM   #22
Hall Of Fame

Tovarich's Arena

OVR: 26

I'm fine with it being left in, I'd just like an option as OD Commish to ban it before the dynasty starts so that I know people aren't using it, then the people who like it can use it. Same for the strategy. If we can turn the QB quiz on and off and dynasty accelerators, this should be easily turn-off-able as an option too.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:59 AM   #23
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

My problem is the majority of this should be A.I. based. On 3rd and 15 my DE's should understand its a passing down and get after the QB. And lets not forget ratings. Smart DE's should sniff out screens and draws while less instinctive DE's do whats expected. Or even if they cant get the A.I. to recongizes downs and distance. I saw somebody on OS mentioned to expand play calling. Giving each level a set of plays. It should be broken down to DL, LB's and DB's. But either way before the balls snapped I shouldnt have to tell my player to be looking for the pass or the run.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 02-12-2010, 05:54 PM   #24
Pro

videlsports's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxattax3
SIGNED IN ALL CAPS!!!

Take all the other strategy BS out too. The strategy part of football comes through play calling.

Co-sign Completely. He said it all. Run and Pass should be in how you call plays. It's a mentel chess match. Pick the right defense or offense, that's how it should be.
MLB:PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES
NCAAFB:PENN ST (Jerry's Gone PSU Moves on)
NCAABB:KENTUCKY WILDCATS

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »