Home

Your thoughts?

This is a discussion on Your thoughts? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-06-2010, 03:03 PM   #1
Rookie

gclo85's Arena

OVR: 1
Icon5 Your thoughts?

I've been playing NCAA Football games for a long time. I take it rather seriously and I love the dynasty mode and create-a-team. But how does it make any relevant or logical sense to keep playing dynasty seasons, let's say 5 seasons, on NCAA Football 2010 and then buy the new NCAA 2011 to just start all over again? I hate how I lose my stats and lose my records and have the game think I've never even played before. Does anyone else feel this way?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2010, 03:26 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 29
Re: Your thoughts?

I agree and if I remember right I think the devs said last year they were trying to figure out a way to make it easy to transfer your old dynasty to the new game. Also, it might be tedious but teambuilder could help here because you can recreate the exact team you have in your current dynasty and then load them into '11. Obviously the other 119 teams would reset to default, but at least you don't have to loose your team.
Old 03-06-2010, 04:07 PM   #3
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by gclo85
I've been playing NCAA Football games for a long time. I take it rather seriously and I love the dynasty mode and create-a-team. But how does it make any relevant or logical sense to keep playing dynasty seasons, let's say 5 seasons, on NCAA Football 2010 and then buy the new NCAA 2011 to just start all over again? I hate how I lose my stats and lose my records and have the game think I've never even played before. Does anyone else feel this way?
I have ADHD when it comes to dynasty mode and I usually end up restarting after only a few seasons; so this never bothered me. On the rare occasion I do go 5+ seasons into dynasty, I wouldn't want to carry over with that team, I'd rather restart with the original roster I set up.
Old 03-06-2010, 05:07 PM   #4
Rookie

whatcha's Arena

OVR: 4

This is actually something I posed in a set of questions I gave to one of the developers a while back. It would be nice to have a dynasty converter that would take your 2010 dynasty and convert it to NCAA 2011. Just bringing the stats and what not so that you could keep rolling with the same dynasty.
Old 03-06-2010, 05:10 PM   #5
Rookie

UCFTirade's Arena

OVR: 10

I know for me it's just the excitement of having new things (like switching conference logos) in the game and better game play. I like to keep everything up to date when my university changes in real life. I do wish you could transfer dynasties however being that I was in year 2030 or so but it will be fun to build up the team again. However, the last one I played was 09 and still do as 10 didnt really update too much. Hopefully the excitement keeps building on 11 as it looks to be the next one i get
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2010, 07:27 PM   #6
t3g
Rookie

t3g's Arena

OVR: 4

EA uses the same engine for one console cycle (around 5 years) and adds "features" like formation subs and touts them as a big innovation even if they were included already on the PS2/Xbox.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »