Home

Small changes that equal a big difference for NCAA 11

This is a discussion on Small changes that equal a big difference for NCAA 11 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-28-2010, 04:21 PM   #1
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43
Small changes that equal a big difference for NCAA 11

In my opinion... (and please, if you post in this thread, add something more than "EA sucks/doesn't care, etc.")

1. GAMEPLAY Drastically cut down on the "all out blitzing" by the CPU. CPU defenses are way way too overly aggressive and I see far too many 8 and 9 man blitzes that equate to huge plays by the Human.

2. GAMEPLAY Have the CPU RB logic tweaked so that the CPU understands that a 3-4 yard run is a GOOD thing. Every run doesn't have to be bounced to the outside. It's ok to pound the ball up the middle with your back for a solid 3-4 yard gain.

3. GAMEPLAY Scrap the current CPU Screen logic. It's completely broken. If the screen is covered, the CPU should NOT try and force the ball to the back and he should not stand there as if frozen in time.

4. GAMEPLAY Tone down the "Run Commit" feature tremendously. We actually outlawed the Run Commit feature in the Legends league because of the arcade like speed boost the defense gets. It reminds me of old Tecmo Bowl when you picked the play that your opponent chose and your defense swarmed in like a swarm of bees that run a 4.0 40. Just way too over the top.

5. PRESENTATION Been asking for this for years and years. Look at College Hoops 2k8. Copy it. That's all you need to do. Have a Preseason Show, a weekly "College Gameday" show, and a BCS Selection Show like the Hoops Selection Sunday Show. Don't tell me it can't be done, takes too much time, etc. This should have been one of the original features implemented. It adds sooooo much to the immersion, atmosphere, etc.

You have the ESPN license. You have access to guys like Corso, Fowler, Herstreit, etc. It's time to actually use it to its full capability.

6. PRESENTATION Allow Stadium Sounds to be put in and saved as actual "files" that can be saved and uploaded conveniently. Once I set up my home sounds for Auburn, let me save that stadium sounds file as AUBURN, then...instead of having to manually put in every single instance each time I switch back to Auburn, I merely go to "load file" then "load AUBURN stadium sounds" and voila! I have my AU sounds set up in about 1 second.

This would take Stadium Sounds to the next level. I could save 60 files if I wanted to and once I had done them one time....all I ever had to do to use them is click on load file and I instantly have my whole lineup for Florida, LSU, Georgia, etc.

It's such a great addition and many people don't use it because it's so tedious as it stands right now.

7. DESIGN Add more slots on the depth cart at DB and WR. Why is this important? I'll show you...

You have 9 DBs on your team. You are up 40-3 on your opponent. Time to pull the starters. You use the "Mass subs 2nd team" feature.

You go to a dime package with 4 DBs. You have 2 DBs and 2 WRs at DB in the Dime package. Why? Because since you only can put 5 or 6 DBs on the depth chart, the CPU automatically goes to WIDE RECEIVERS when you use up everyone listed on the depth chart (remember, your top DBs are now on the bench). It's ********.

It does the same thing with WRs. Pull the starters, go to a 4 or 5 WR set...even if you have 10 WRs on your team, the CPU will put DBs in as WRs instead of WRs if they are not one of the 6 on the actual depth chart slots.

This has been this way for YEARS. Fix it EA.

Those 7 right there...if you just fixed those, along with the announced features, I'd play 24/7.

Last edited by AuburnAlumni; 02-28-2010 at 04:26 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2010, 08:49 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: Small changes that equal a big difference for NCAA 11

EA needs to fix the numbering system and Offensive #'s and Defensive #'s so that a player can have #2 on offense and a defensive player can have #2 also.
Old 02-28-2010, 09:28 PM   #3
Rookie

floridagatorfan's Arena

OVR: 5

The thing I want focused on the most would be blocking. I want a dominant OL/DL to be able to control a game.

I want holes to open up on Iso runs and get a push if my teams OL is way better than my opponent's DL. Blocking in NCAA and in Madden has never been one of their stronger aspects.

I also want an amazing DL to wreak havok all game. In last years game, CPU controlled DL on your team do nothing, and just get stuck in a pattycake animation with the OL. I'd like to have a 4 man rush get pressure on the CPU, given that they are highly rated, without having to manually control one of them and do it myself.

It would also be cool if you had a more noticeable effect with the types of DL you had. So if you had a big run stuffing DT, like Cody, then they require double teams, but on passing situations you need to sub them out, because they won't be all that effective.

Overall I was quite dissappointed with NCAA '10, but the screenshot they released, and the article on NCAA '11 sounds promising. I won't get my hopes up though.
Old 03-01-2010, 02:42 AM   #4
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

I just think it's bad that PS2 has better presentation.

But i do agree with this list.

I didnt see you mention speed, but that needs to be an option, theres really no excuse why we shouln't be able to adjust it to our liking.
Old 03-01-2010, 03:11 AM   #5
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Id like to see better in game presentation as well. I just want EA to stop catering to the button mashers.

Give us better pre play and post play cuts(closer and more accurate broadcast angles).

Alot more replays(with analysis from the team with accurate broadcast angles and zooms).

And please if you add cutscenes please dont make them horrible like Madden with the black fade. Also make them relevant to what's going on on the field(I dont want to have a cutscene with a guy on the ground and then it cuts back to the live gameplay and hes standing up).

Also let me watch the post play for more than 2 seconds before the play call screen pops up. I want to be immersed in the game.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2010, 11:40 AM   #6
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by drp8515
EA needs to fix the numbering system and Offensive #'s and Defensive #'s so that a player can have #2 on offense and a defensive player can have #2 also.
you've said this exact same line in a bunch of threads, i think we get it by now

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
6. PRESENTATION Allow Stadium Sounds to be put in and saved as actual "files" that can be saved and uploaded conveniently. Once I set up my home sounds for Auburn, let me save that stadium sounds file as AUBURN, then...instead of having to manually put in every single instance each time I switch back to Auburn, I merely go to "load file" then "load AUBURN stadium sounds" and voila! I have my AU sounds set up in about 1 second.

This would take Stadium Sounds to the next level. I could save 60 files if I wanted to and once I had done them one time....all I ever had to do to use them is click on load file and I instantly have my whole lineup for Florida, LSU, Georgia, etc.

It's such a great addition and many people don't use it because it's so tedious as it stands right now.
you can just create multiple profiles that way you just load the profile and you have all your sounds set. I create a new profile for every team or you can do about 2 teams for 1 profile.
Old 03-01-2010, 01:13 PM   #7
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29

jumping off of AA's post:

GAMEPLAY: Adjust the blocking logic so that the QB read option plays (and shotgun/spread runs in general) are a valid threat in the user AND CPU offenses. Last year it wasn't that satisfying playing as Oregon or Florida because part of the playbook was neutered. Its the "In" offense right now, and i'd like to run it to its fullest. Also a little deeper playbooks would be nice, along with the last gen feature of picking and choosing formations for your own personal playbook.
Old 03-01-2010, 01:14 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 8

2 words. broadcast camera

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »