Home

Feature that I've been asking for since NCAA first came out

This is a discussion on Feature that I've been asking for since NCAA first came out within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-28-2010, 09:46 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Feature that I've been asking for since NCAA first came out

they really need a 2nd team (or call it Mass Subs) depth chart. something simple and easy with as few slots as possible (1 spot for QB, maybe 2 or 3 for WR, etc). that way when you do mass subs, you know exactly who is playing where and can try new things if you want (i.e. playing a starting CB at WR when you are leading 45-6 in a game or having a FB get some meaningful reps in the I-form without going to the depth chart screen or using the packages for every play).

Thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2010, 10:07 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 11
Re: Feature that I've been asking for since NCAA first came out

lol wut, that's why you set all of your second teamers in the depth chart as well....wut?
Old 02-28-2010, 10:17 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

i always have FBs playing OL or RBs ending up at OLB
Old 03-01-2010, 01:57 PM   #4
#BurghProud

BurghFan's Arena

OVR: 34

Like longshanks said, just set the 2nd and 3rd teamers on your depth chart and those guys are the ones who will come in when you do mass subs. You also have to make sure you don't have the same guys set as 2nd/3rd teamers for multiple postions or you will get some of the situation you mentioned. Sometimes its also a matter of not having enough active players at that position to fill out the depth chart all the way down.
Old 03-02-2010, 12:38 PM   #5
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Mass subs needs to be improved. Here are the 2 things I'd like to see changed with it.

1. Either make the depth charts deeper, or be smarter with who comes in after you've exhausted your depth chart. If you're using mass subs and call a 5 wide set, you're going to have CBs playing WR for you instead of your 7th or 8th receiver. The opposite is true for dime packages on D.

2. Allow formation subs to work for the deeper guys on your depth chart. The biggie here is HB. I use both my #1 and #2 backs by using the "sub HB" package for some formations. With mass subs, your #2 HB is now your top guy, but if you use the "sub HB" package, it's still your #2 HB instead of your #3 guy. Because of this, I only use mass subs on D. On offense, I just manually change my depth chart to put my #2 QB as #1, #s 3 and 4 HBs as #s 1 and 2, etc.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2010, 04:18 PM   #6
Rookie

Bloppy's Arena

OVR: 3

I have nothing substantive to say about your post but I'd like to know how Michigan State is your alma mater.. but Michigan is your favorite team????

Please explain.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »