Home

Community Day Event

This is a discussion on Community Day Event within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-24-2010, 06:03 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 39
Re: Community Day Event

The one last year was an absolute joke... everyone was so enamored by the fact they were just playing the "new" game all they could say was "ITS SOO GOOD!" & "Can't wait til you all know what I mean"

..And we all saw how the game turned out.
Old 03-24-2010, 06:17 PM   #10
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

unfornately last year also no game tweeks could happen it was the end result pretty much. i think they learned from madden last year so these guys can help add to the overall improvement of the game.
Old 03-24-2010, 06:48 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 12

Doesnt bother me in the least on who goes or doesnt go. The last few years has pissed me off though.

Members from this very website were invited to this community day and came back with raving impressions and the overall excitement generated from it jumped drastically.

Fast forward to the day of release and all the common joes had the game and we were left with a "wtf happened" mentality. Very little, if any, feedback coming from the community day was present in the game itself.

This led people to say they must have "removed" this or that feature, or that the "build" they played and the one we paid $60 for was somehow very stark contrast from what they played etc.

Community day serves no other purpose than to hype people up and get the marketing blitz going.

Its as sure a thing as the sun rising every morning.

Pasta Padre and Russel05 from the old madden nation will be posting about all these new amazing features added and how this year is sooo much better than last year, and how the players have X or Y feel to them etc etc. Then O***g will get the game a week earlier than everyone else and proclaim this Ncaa, Madden, EA sports Mini Golf game, "insert title he got early here " to be so much better and have no issues whatsoever.

Its just the way it is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2010, 07:00 PM   #12
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57
unfornately last year also no game tweeks could happen it was the end result pretty much. i think they learned from madden last year so these guys can help add to the overall improvement of the game.
I believe the NCAA community day last year was earlier like this year. the year before was when it was too late to make any adjustments/tweaks. I think the only difference this year is that they added a day to the event, so now they'll get to play it for 3 days instead of 2.
Old 03-24-2010, 11:30 PM   #13
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsontide27
Doesnt bother me in the least on who goes or doesnt go. The last few years has pissed me off though.

Members from this very website were invited to this community day and came back with raving impressions and the overall excitement generated from it jumped drastically.

Fast forward to the day of release and all the common joes had the game and we were left with a "wtf happened" mentality. Very little, if any, feedback coming from the community day was present in the game itself.

This led people to say they must have "removed" this or that feature, or that the "build" they played and the one we paid $60 for was somehow very stark contrast from what they played etc.

Community day serves no other purpose than to hype people up and get the marketing blitz going.

Its as sure a thing as the sun rising every morning.

Pasta Padre and Russel05 from the old madden nation will be posting about all these new amazing features added and how this year is sooo much better than last year, and how the players have X or Y feel to them etc etc. Then O***g will get the game a week earlier than everyone else and proclaim this Ncaa, Madden, EA sports Mini Golf game, "insert title he got early here " to be so much better and have no issues whatsoever.

Its just the way it is.
Bingo...you hit it on the head the cycle is like clockwork...
Old 03-25-2010, 02:27 PM   #14
Tradition Sports Online

RynoAid's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsontide27

based on my experience here the last few days, you couldn't be more wrong... but i guess everyone is entitled to there opinion no matter how un-informed it may be.

TAKING APPLICATIONS NOW FOR CCM LEAGUES
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/rynoaid
Old 03-25-2010, 03:07 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by RynoAid
based on my experience here the last few days, you couldn't be more wrong... but i guess everyone is entitled to there opinion no matter how un-informed it may be.
My theory has yet to be proven wrong. Every year its the same song and dance. Looking at your avatar I might be able to assume you are one of the ones that just got back right?

Let a few people play the game early and they are as excited as little children waiting on Santa Claus. They go back to report all is well and better than ever on their websites and they just cant wait till us " little people" can get a copy of the game.

Fast forward a few months and everything the people came back from community day had to report was somehow left out of the production build and we should focus on " next year".

Your input, along with the rest of the attendees of community days, goes in one ear and right out the other....no matter what you wish to belive either
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2010, 03:24 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
The one last year was an absolute joke... everyone was so enamored by the fact they were just playing the "new" game all they could say was "ITS SOO GOOD!" & "Can't wait til you all know what I mean"

..And we all saw how the game turned out.
agreed

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »