Home

A new game mode that uses both NCAA and Madden.

This is a discussion on A new game mode that uses both NCAA and Madden. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-31-2010, 10:01 PM   #9
#BurghProud

BurghFan's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: A new game mode that uses both NCAA and Madden.

So basically a Campus legen/superstar (or whatever they're called now, I don't play those modes and don't care about them) but for coaches instead of players.
Old 03-31-2010, 10:15 PM   #10
Banned

Xaos's Arena

OVR: 15

SO what you're suggesting is they put Head Coach into NCAA and Madden? And then allow you to import it?

Not only would that be pretty much impossible, and they would get more money making a NFL Head Coach 11 and a NCAA Head Coach 11.
Old 03-31-2010, 10:32 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I'm not saying Head Coach 11. I am simply saying its a career mode like in the College Hoops games. You still play however you want, but you don't get to pick which team to start with. Well, you do, but its a limited choice.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2010, 10:58 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 14

I like the idea but it just isnt feasible
Old 04-01-2010, 10:41 PM   #13
Rookie

user_pick's Arena

OVR: 0

here's a post i made a while ago on the ncaastrategies forum.

"I thought this would be a good way to make dynasty a little more realistic. I apologize if this has been mentioned elsewhere.

I propose that coaching jobs should be split into three different levels: Position coaches, coordinators, and head coaches.

At the start of a dynasty only postition coaching jobs will be made available at small schools. I prefer Defensive Line so lets say for example that I take a job as DLine coach for UTEP. While at UTEP as DLine coach I would only be able to recruit D Linemen as well as only play with the DLine. I believe this would be possible if Player Lock could expand to entire position groups (i.e. be able to switch freely between DT's and DE's only). The offense would be simmed the same way it is when you play as a DLineman in RTG.

At the end of the year I would be graded on different aspects of my job performance. Off the top of my head these could be Recruiting (talent level up or down during my tenure), Training (based on practices and game day performance), etc. Depending on these grades I would either be offered a contract extension as DLine coach, given a promotion to the next level (in this case UTEP Defensive Coordinator), or maybe Texas makes an offer to lure me away to become the Longhorn DLine Coach. Once I become promoted to DC i would be able to switch freely in games between any defensive position on the field as well as recruit any defensive player (ATH included). Once promotion to Head Coach is achieved the entire team would be accesible just like NCAA 10 Dynasty Mode.

One more thing. I would prefer to play with the original camera angles and not the camera's that switch around behind the defensive player selected. That's just my personal preference.

Some players may like being plugged in as the Head Coach of UT, UF, USC, etc and instantly gain attention from 5* recruits. Personally I would prefer it as I have listed above. I like the challenge of recruiting to small schools and building them up.

Please add on to this idea if you have any thoughts. I think it would be a really fun way to play NCAA 11."

Also, before you say it i would like to be able to choose between the format i stated above and the way it is now (take over as HC immediately).
Old 04-01-2010, 11:15 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

Thats actually a cool idea and more in depth than mine. I would personally love to have a mode like your idea. I would love having to just play as a D lineman, WR, etc.

― Plato
Old 04-02-2010, 12:07 AM   #15
Rookie

user_pick's Arena

OVR: 0

yeah, hopefully they begin to implement a coaching carousel this year or soon. that way a mode like this could be used pretty easily.

i try not to fall into the group of people on these forums that demand everything every year. as long as they make strides to improve the game every year eventually we'll have the game everyone wants.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2010, 11:13 AM   #16
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

Yea, I know what you mean. I have a feeling that both games this year will be a lot better than last year's counterpart. I'm going to wait, but I feel NCAA will make an improvement similar to the Madden 09 to Madden 10 improvement and I feel Madden will make the same improvement which is good because it was an okay game last year.

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »