Home

Bring Back HFA Camera Shake

This is a discussion on Bring Back HFA Camera Shake within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-20-2010, 02:18 PM   #1
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
Bring Back HFA Camera Shake

I made a thread like this last year but apparently EA didn't feel that such a unique feature was ready for next gen and should be ready for the ps3 for NCAA 2015.

What makes college football more special than the NFL is that fans and players play and cheer for their school and not for stars or money. A lot of the people graduated from the school, you have all of the current students who are there, its a special atmosphere. You have the unique chants and cheers that the students and fans do sometimes along side the marching bands like Florida's "Gator Bait", FSU "War Chant", Michigan's "Temptation, etc. I remember going to South Bend for a game a couple years ago and watching all the students have certain things that they did depending on the song the band played.

College stadiums are crazy. The NFL is a much more relaxed crowd (in a sense), a more older crowd, a crowd that seems to care more about the tailgaiting than they do about the team they are going to watch. Same can be said somewhat for college in terms of tailgaiting but they go and cheer their school on like no other.

We've all watched those big time games in places like Tennessee, Oregon, Michigan, Penn State, etc. where the stadium is so loud (even on tv) that you wonder how anyone can hear anything on the field and the camera does seem to shake.

They had the camera shake feature on the ps2 and it was such a good thing to have because it made home field an actual advantage much like it can be in college. If your school didnt have crazy fans, the camera didnt shake and it wasnt as loud but those big places with the crazy fans, you really felt the intensity. Right now home field really means nothing in the game. The crowd seems to be the same no matter where you are and theres not much to add some difficulty to the away team.

This feature MUST come back soon. I know it wont be in this year but bring it back for next year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2010, 02:19 PM   #2
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Bring Back HFA Camera Shake

I feel the same. I always really liked the feature.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 04-20-2010, 02:25 PM   #3
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
This feature MUST come back soon. I know it wont be in this year but bring it back for next year.
One thing I'd like to add... when my team is on the road and sometimes WR's can't hear an audible, so I have to call the audible 4 or 5 times until he hears it... why does this only work against me? How come when some team is at my stadium and calls an audible their players have no problem at all hearing the QB?

I am all for home field advantage, but make it even.

Old 04-20-2010, 02:30 PM   #4
Rookie

arobbi3's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
One thing I'd like to add... when my team is on the road and sometimes WR's can't hear an audible, so I have to call the audible 4 or 5 times until he hears it... why does this only work against me? How come when some team is at my stadium and calls an audible their players have no problem at all hearing the QB?

I am all for home field advantage, but make it even.

Your WR hear you they just do the animation that seems like they can't. All you have to do is audible or call the hot route once. This has to be fixed. I don't want to just be able to switch to a quick pass on third down when the crowd should be going insane.

Another thing that bugs me is the "recent" features they added to home field advantage. If i know what play I picked, wiggling play art does not confuse me. Also, the "?" receivers' buttons are shown once the play is snapped, so what is the point of covering them pre-snap?
Old 04-20-2010, 02:39 PM   #5
Pro

Scrapps's Arena

OVR: 14

I thought the feature was stupid. HFA is also poorly implemented and totally unrealistic as it is. And fyi EA, the "visiting" team in conference championship and bowl games should not suffer from the same bs as a true road team in a regular season game. I should be able to see my passing icons at the line of scrimmage when playing in the Fiesta Bowl.
EA is notorious for taking a totally decent concept and implementing it in the worst way possible. At least their consistent.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2010, 02:40 PM   #6
Pro

lgxjames's Arena

OVR: 14

best thing in a game that represented a home field advantage
Old 04-20-2010, 02:50 PM   #7
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

i liked it especially the screen shake , i didn't mind the question marks it showed the qb awareness, so you could hot route them, but along with that they should go back to dynamic crowd attendance, if your a smaller school your attendance is low but as you win it increases. or your school popularity starts to override the home team so they end up with more visitors and the home team
Old 04-20-2010, 02:53 PM   #8
Banned

mrMagic91's Arena

OVR: 23

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VObZy...eature=related

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »