Home

When will EA realize that you can't have a QB...

This is a discussion on When will EA realize that you can't have a QB... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-21-2010, 12:36 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: When will EA realize that you can't have a QB...

Quote:
Originally Posted by o 99 PROBL3MS o
DEs rush the passer using thre same animations that DTs use in NCAA. OP is right. The DEs don't get up field because they aren't programmed to do so. The DEs and DTs shouldn't have the same passrush animations. But they do.
Exactly

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers
Old 04-21-2010, 12:49 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue678
That is not the point. I honestly have no other way to describe what the op is saying other than telling people to watch some videos of the 2k games and NCAA and look at the big difference in how the defensive ends get up field .

Half the people in this thread don't even understand what the op is saying. All he saying is defensive ends in the game don't get upfield and if they did that would cut down on some of the qb scrambles due to a realistic pocket being formed.

Lets not get carried away with the 2k stuff. It was plenty easy to rollout with McNabb in 2k5, and just as easy with Cunningham in 2k8. In fact, the DE's would actually take themselves out of the play completely (by getting locked into animations).

Obviously Madden/NCAA need a lot of work, but lets not compare them to ghosts.
Old 04-21-2010, 12:52 AM   #19
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven Draconian
Lets not get carried away with the 2k stuff. It was plenty easy to rollout with McNabb in 2k5, and just as easy with Cunningham in 2k8. In fact, the DE's would actually take themselves out of the play completely (by getting locked into animations).

Obviously Madden/NCAA need a lot of work, but lets not compare them to ghosts.

Yes, but the de's ends would at least do a much better job of getting up field and a realistic pocket was actually formed on most plays.

I really only referenced the 2k games as reference for what a de getting up field looks like and how that doesn't occur in NCAA, I was not saying that those games were perfect in terms of limiting qb scrambling.

Last edited by mgoblue678; 04-21-2010 at 01:11 AM.
Old 04-21-2010, 01:05 AM   #20
Banned

dopeboy206's Arena

OVR: 18

Even if you manually back off from the OT with your DE I hate it how the CPU OT is warped into you so that you engage into some contact. In real life the OT is standing in his position or near the quarterback.

IMO there needs to be improvements between the OL/DL animations and gameplay.
Old 04-21-2010, 01:19 AM   #21
Banned

mrMagic91's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopeboy206
Even if you manually back off from the OT with your DE I hate it how the CPU OT is warped into you so that you engage into some contact. In real life the OT is standing in his position or near the quarterback.

IMO there needs to be improvements between the OL/DL animations and gameplay.
Seems as if they only make offensive improvements for the game every year. The best they did with defense was the help button. Lmao. Ridiculous. The last big thing that EA has done innovate defensive play is the hit stick. I play online a lot and it just gets with the lack of defense. Its only so much you can do

Last edited by mrMagic91; 04-21-2010 at 01:22 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2010, 01:25 AM   #22
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue678
This is simply something that defensive ends do in real life, that is not portrayed correctly by the game . Pure and simple.
Yup. EA has given us four DT vs OG matchups instead of creating different interactions for ends. The purpose of pass rush is to not run through the OT, but run around him, hence the archetype "speed rusher".
Old 04-21-2010, 01:30 AM   #23
MVP

OVR: 29
When will EA realize that you can't have a QB...

I get what your saying, but to me it was easy to run around OTs with a DE in NCAA 10 and everyone called it cheese
Old 04-21-2010, 01:39 AM   #24
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan55
I get what your saying, but to me it was easy to run around OTs with a DE in NCAA 10 and everyone called it cheese
Only if you manually moved the defensive end out farther than his initial starting position though, not if he was left in his normal starting position or was ai controlled.

Also the reason it is easy to run around the ot's with de's is because the ot's don't back up far enough on their drops or get wide enough and instead try to engage the de right at the line of scrimmage. That is the other half of the equation that would have to be corrected. This would also help prevent people from cheesing with de's by moving them farther out if the OT's were programmed that way.

As of right now, they program the OT's to behave the way they do by engaging right at the line of scrimmage because that is what the DE's do, at least the ai ones. If they got upfield the OT's would need to be programmed to drop further and get wider or else de's would simply run around them every play.

Last edited by mgoblue678; 04-21-2010 at 01:55 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »