Home

NCAA Football 11 Hands-On Preview (IGN)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 11 Hands-On Preview (IGN) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-22-2010, 02:58 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 36
Re: NCAA Football 11 Hands-On Preview (IGN)

If you don't know whether or not you want to buy the game, the best thing to do is play the demo and see, or better yet rent the game and play the full version. You can't always base whether or not it's going to be good by reading a preview or watching a video.

FLY EAGLES FLY

Old 04-22-2010, 03:01 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 3
Nothing against Nessler but they should've got Brent Musburger to go along with Herbstreit. They do a great job together on ABC. Musburger is really passionate about college football & he would really add emotion to the game.
Old 04-22-2010, 03:04 PM   #35
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin23
If you don't know whether or not you want to buy the game, the best thing to do is play the demo and see, or better yet rent the game and play the full version. You can't always base whether or not it's going to be good by reading a preview or watching a video.
Im buying no less than 20 copies this year, wether I personally like it or not.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2010, 03:05 PM   #36
Banned

Brnto4life's Arena

OVR: 6

There were some good things said in that article, but I'll wait for a preview from someone other than IGN.

Specifically, I hope either Joystiq or Owen Good from Kotaku (the best sports gaming writer today) put something out there.
Old 04-22-2010, 03:09 PM   #37
MVP

BROman's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgrindz
Nothing against Nessler but they should've got Brent Musburger to go along with Herbstreit. They do a great job together on ABC. Musburger is really passionate about college football & he would really add emotion to the game.
two way street, they might have approached musberger and he didn't want to do it.
Old 04-22-2010, 03:13 PM   #38
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgrindz

Musberger doesnt translate well to videogames....alot of the older guys dont I've noticed. Nessler has a better videogame fit, and his style translates better IMO
Old 04-22-2010, 03:15 PM   #39
MVP

OVR: 36

I like what I hear. But I never like to get too excited by a game. Whenever I do, I get dissapointed. So I just wait for the demo. Then look at OS impressions. OS impressions usually are a very good basis. But don't listen to all the people who cry about the littlest thing, and just want to hate on EA. I like to listen to people like mods, or somebody with a lot of posts because usually they know what they're talking about.
Old 04-22-2010, 03:28 PM   #40
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
Musberger doesnt translate well to videogames....alot of the older guys dont I've noticed. Nessler has a better videogame fit, and his style translates better IMO
I agree. Nessler actually is pretty good on the NCAA series. He actually has emotion when he talks unlike a lot of other video game announcers. You'll actually know when the big play is happening becasue he is yelling with some personality showing. Same with Kevin Harlan in the NBA 2k series. Meawhile there's also people who are like Clark Kellogg and Tom Hammond who should go no where near video games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »