Home

Weird athletes in the game?

This is a discussion on Weird athletes in the game? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-23-2010, 06:01 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 20
Weird athletes in the game?

I signed a player listed as a ATH that was like 6'0" 190lbs, but he had like B to B+ in run blocking and pass protection ratings. He was like 82 overall LT and by the time he was a senior he was 95. What makes me mad is he gained about 4 pounds (He was a LT that was 6'0" 194lbs!) and this supposed athlete was a great lineman, but not really anything else. Really what is the point of ATH in the game? You get people like I did who are beast lineman under 200lbs, and that is just...well ********.

What I would love to see for Ncaa 11 is ATH that can play at multiple positions (and maybe not have twigs being able to play LT), it seems the ATH can really play one position, sometimes 2.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2010, 07:01 PM   #2
Rookie

cgraves45's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Weird athletes in the game?

Yeah I definitely saw that problem too. I didnt like recruiting ATH's most of the 5 star ATH's really weren't great at any one posistion or even good at 2 they were just randomly spurred attributes that didnt make much sense.

To me an athlete is someone, like you said, that can play multiple positions not ones who just dont have a place they actually fit. Not to mention the problem you talked about with the height and weight not matching the posistion they tend to actually accel at.

A lil off topic but why is it when I move a RB that has 85 speed lets say to FB and now all of a sudden he has 68 speed. Is it a glitch or a way to stop people taking advantage of a slow RB that would make a decent FB.
Old 04-23-2010, 07:19 PM   #3
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11

Had the same problem, 6'6 190 pound defensive end; would've made an insane receiver but he didn't having the ratings for it. There should be a way for a players to either grow into their positions or be switched to another position without such an insane ratings drop.
Old 04-23-2010, 08:50 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler
Had the same problem, 6'6 190 pound defensive end; would've made an insane receiver but he didn't having the ratings for it. There should be a way for a players to either grow into their positions or be switched to another position without such an insane ratings drop.
Growing into positions would be cool as a lot of fast high school quarterbacks end up playing at a different position at the next level. I would love if they had that feature.
Old 04-24-2010, 04:24 AM   #5
MVP

jsou4646's Arena

OVR: 15

They have to fix this
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »