Home

Team Entrances

This is a discussion on Team Entrances within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-24-2010, 10:38 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Team Entrances

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gjxe2q0Fxjs

If they have team entrances, Clemson should be in.
Old 04-24-2010, 10:45 PM   #74
Rookie

I've been trying to find what is making you guys think we are going to have team entrances. I have been gone for a week and not able to get on the board, so can someone post a link for me on here about the team entrances.
Old 04-24-2010, 11:17 PM   #75
Rookie

Zasnow's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokie20
I think it's awesome how so many people give VT credit for being the best team entrance in college football. It's kind of second nature to me because I've gone to Tech games for the last 20 years. Funny thing is that the entrance is kind of recent - but God, it is electric.

I've been to a lot of Tech road games and other non-VT games and seen some great team intros.

Miami - Running through the smoke is really a sight to see, especially when they played at the old Orange Bowl stadium.

FSU - The spear is pretty damn cool and very original. If your hair doesn't stand on end when that thing goes into the ground, you don't have a pulse.

GT - The Wramblin' Wreck car is a classic entrance. I don't know what it is about that car, but it just looks cool as the team runs onto the field behind it.

Clemson - Sure, all they do is touch a rock and run down a hill, but balloons are released and the crowd is PUMPED when it happens.

South Carolina - "It's time for Carolina Football" sends Gamecock fans into a frenzy. The great thing about 2001 is how it continues to build and build and BUILD until Cocky shows up in the smoke in that cage.

Wake Forest - An underrated entrance mainly because they're not a power school. However, their mascot leads the Deacs onto the field while riding that big, thunderous Harley.

Tennessee - Running through the "T" is overrated, but it's a classic entrance, which is what the SEC is all about.

Nebraska - I went to Lincoln when it was at night against a top team in Virginia Tech. The stadium was rocking and the intro video was top notch. "Sirius" is like Sandman to Hokies or 2001 to Gamecocks. The place was rockin' (great fans too). Now EA needs to add the balloons release after the first score.

Virginia Tech - Let me put it this way: Enter Sandman is bigger than the National Anthem.

Dang it. I was in Blacksburg today for the Spring Game. VT takes on Boise in over four months. It's gonna be a long summer.

How is running through the T overrated?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2010, 11:28 PM   #76
MVP

Pacman83's Arena

OVR: 16

Hey CUTIGERSGOLF,

******** type="text/javascript">vbmenu_register("postmenu_2040993709", true);
http://www.osatwork.com/forums/showthread.php?t=398239

also mentioned in this video, i think, your welcome in advance

http://www.osatwork.com/forums/showthread.php?t=411428
Old 04-24-2010, 11:42 PM   #77
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

If they don't have Miami's running through the smoke than I will be very disappointed. I will be close to not buying the game. We are the most original entrance. Sure, a lot of teams run through smoke now(they even do it at some superbowls), but who started that? Oh yea, we started that well over 30-40+ years ago.

― Plato
Old 04-24-2010, 11:48 PM   #78
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacman83
Hey CUTIGERSGOLF,

******** type="text/javascript">vbmenu_register("postmenu_2040993709", true);
http://www.osatwork.com/forums/showthread.php?t=398239

also mentioned in this video, i think, your welcome in advance

http://www.osatwork.com/forums/showthread.php?t=411428
Thank you
Old 04-24-2010, 11:54 PM   #79
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61

I hope to see the War Eagle in Auburn.

Florida State's is cool too with the Seminole slamming the spear at mid-field.
Old 04-25-2010, 01:04 AM   #80
Banned

brandon6317's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd@os
Probably both. Since some people have brought up Clemson and South Carolina, I'll put my two cents in. First off, I'm a UNC fan (yes, unlike most Duke fans I like UNC in EVERY sport), I graduated from South Carolina, and I grew up going to Clemson games since that's where my older brother went to school:

S.Car: better than Clemson on the level of sound the crowd produces (before the team comes out). First off, 2001 celebrates the university's bicentennial--it's not some song they just picked. As the song plays, the jumbo-tron shows Gamecock football footage from the old days to the relative present. As crescendos come in the song, the crowd gets even louder. You know when the team is coming, the Miami smoke comes, and they run out. What makes it is the song--even Ric freakin' Flair came out to it.

Clemson: better than S.Car on the form of theatrics. I don't think it's a great entrance, but I think we get wrapped up in it because it does look kinda fun. The good thing about it is the atmosphere around it: they release balloons and the team looks like they're charging to a fight rather than entering for a game which makes it work. To me, there's not really a build up to it; every time I go I do see people looking around because they really don't know when they're coming down. They stay on that hill for what seems like forever sometimes, and when you say, "Forget this--I'm gonna put some chapstick on" they run out and you almost missed it.

i guess if you've never been to clemson then you dont know when they're gonna arrive and run down the hill..but they show on the jumbotron when the buses are a driving around the stadium and the players don't run down the hill until the cannon goes off..but the cannon goes off at a certain point in the fight song Tiger Rag everytime...also theres a video they show right before they arrive at the hill there is a build up to it..i'vee posted it here before so let me find it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCLt6VPudwk

Last edited by brandon6317; 04-25-2010 at 01:07 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »