Home

Team Entrances

This is a discussion on Team Entrances within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-24-2010, 05:46 PM   #49
Rookie

godylla's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Team Entrances

Pretty off topic, but it would be cool if you could choose to have games be a "Black Out" or a "White Out" during your season to add to the intensity.

"Don't give up, don't ever give up."
- Jimmy V.
Old 04-24-2010, 05:47 PM   #50
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lava
Nebraska's Tunnel Walk, please.
This.

Old 04-24-2010, 05:51 PM   #51
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by godylla
Pretty off topic, but it would be cool if you could choose to have games be a "Black Out" or a "White Out" during your season to add to the intensity.
I like this idea.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2010, 05:58 PM   #52
Pro

wrigleyville33's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roggie
Even if they can't use Enter Sandman, it's worth putting in. The whole stadium jumping. Everyone who plays as VT will play Enter Sandman at the start of their games while they run out. Best intro in college football.
Sorry, I don't see how it's possible to be a vt fan while being another fan in the acc...
Old 04-24-2010, 06:05 PM   #53
MVP

duckfever8's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by godylla
Would add alot to the atmosphere. If your watching the NHL playoffs, the Phoenix Coyotes have a whiteout at every home playoff game. Could be a cool addition to a football game.
NBA-Portland Trail Blazers
NFL-Carolina Panthers
MLB-San Francisco Giants
NHL-Los Angeles Kings
Won't change this signature until Oregon wins a national championship (started 3/10/10)
Old 04-24-2010, 06:30 PM   #54
Banned

brandon6317's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AttackAttack
Ive never understood what is so great about Clemson's entrance. They touch a rock and run down a hill. I can do that in my own back yard.
typical carolina fan..you could say that about every entrance, whats so great about touchin a banner, or a sign, or rubbin a turtle, what so great about an indian riding a horse throwing a spear into the ground, or the band making a T...what makes them so great is the tradition and pageantry behind them that makes college football so great..thats what makes them so special, like when the tigers gather at the hill rub the rock and run through the hill.. you know i could have a bunch of people line up with instruments, throw a bird in a cage, make a tunnel and run through it as people spray me with fire extinguishers to the sound of 2001 in my back yard..now im not dogging USuCs entrance because I'm actually a fan of the entrance and think it as one of the greatest entrances in football as well just like ours is..so dogging clemson's entrance just because your our school rivals is just childish but very typical of a school who cares more about how their conference does then their own school..just to save you some time before you throw out the 34-17 bs on me, just know that we still own you and we are still your daddy and we will be back to willy brice in 2 years to collect rent
Old 04-24-2010, 06:31 PM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 5

I'm not expecting much as far as team entrances this first year. I think we'll see a dozen team specific entrances, at best. Even for those, I think EA will keep it pretty simple and for that, I suspect most folks will be underwhelmed. If your team uses live animals (Colorado, FSU, Oklahoma, TTU, etc.), I wouldn't count on it making the cut. And school fight songs will be used instead of any copyrighted music (enter sandman, sirius, etc.). Maybe they'll add an Entrance Music option for stadium custom sounds, which would be very cool.

They'll use the most popular and/or highly rated teams that have fairly simple entrances. I'm betting we see Notre Dame, Michigan, Clemson, Nebraska, Texas, Miami, maybe VT, and a half dozen others. Everybody else will get the basic "running onto the field" treatment which, compared to the last few years, still ain't bad.

Not knocking the concept or their attempt to add atmosphere at all. On the contrary, I think it's great that EA is listening to the masses. Presentation and atmosphere has been sorely lacking and this seems to be the year they're stepping up. Just being realistic, given EA's track record with "new" features. They usually come across rather half @$$ed that first year.

Now, I'd love to be proved wrong . . . . .
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2010, 06:42 PM   #56
Banned

brandon6317's Arena

OVR: 3

^^has there really been anything on improved atmosphere??? the past few years the atmospheres have sucked

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »