Home

NCAA Football 11 Video: Interview and Gameplay

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 11 Video: Interview and Gameplay within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-23-2010, 11:38 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: NCAA 11 First REAL in-game footage

Liked that video alot. Graphics and lighting do very good and much improved. Movement in general looks improved with locomotion. My favorite part was the qb read play he ran that actually worked correctly where the de actually crashed in giving him room to run. That play is important in running certain spread offenses.

The one negative is the o-line vs d-line interaction did look the same as last year at least on passing plays. I was hoping that area would receive alot attention. DE still don't get upfield at all and run straight into the OT, wasn't expecting that to be fixed completely but I was hoping it would at least be better than last year.

Overall though looks like I may actually be able to enjoy the game this year. We will see, hopefully that is the case. Some things obviously can only be analyzed in depth by playing the game.

I may have two football games to enjoy this year with this and Backbreaker. That would be great if they both turned out well.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers

Last edited by mgoblue678; 04-23-2010 at 11:44 PM.
Old 04-23-2010, 11:38 PM   #10
MVP

jclentzthadon's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfan_95
I liked how when he did pre play on runs the blocking scheme adapted on field to show who their supposed to get
First guy I have seen talk abou this. It's a GREAT implementation for sure. Lightyears from where we were.
Old 04-23-2010, 11:42 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 29

why do I get the feeling that the interviewer had no idea what Russ was talking about? Also, on the first play run from scrimmage it looks like the play clock bug is fixed, but the rest of the game I had a hard time telling which was mostly the fault of the camera guy who I'd like to punch by the way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2010, 11:42 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 39

I hate to say it, but that looks really nice.

Thank god they went back to the 3 box system of play calling.

Kudos.
Old 04-23-2010, 11:42 PM   #13
Rookie

Wolverines05's Arena

OVR: 5

im just gonna give an initial impression of the game:

i'll start with the negatives:
-the running animations to me did not look look very good. they looked, idk, off...
-the game speed seemed way too slow. maybe its just me, but it seems much slower than in real life. although last year's was too fast, it was only too fast b/c there was no acc., meaning players were at full speed the whole play. actually, in breakaway runs, (in ncaa 10) the players 40 times were slower than in real life

positives:
-love the playcall screen
-game looks silky smooth
-presentation looks really cool, although i wish there were less shots of the exterior stadium and more cutscenes/real time post play
-graphics are beautiful
-tons more plays
-accuracy of qb's seemed way more realistic (no more robo qb hopefully)
-alabama played great defense, on varsity nonetheless!
-it seems as though teams may play to their ratings, as russ struggled to get through a tough bama defense
-new moves looked cool
-blocking ai looked really great

more to come, but just some early thoughts

overall, game looks like a vast improvement

i hope someone can maybe give a really detailed analysis/framebyframe breakdown like pistol (who has some great breakdowns on ncaastrategies) and really tell us their thoughts
Old 04-23-2010, 11:44 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverines05
-the game speed seemed way too slow. maybe its just me, but it seems much slower than in real life. although last year's was too fast, it was only too fast b/c there was no acc., meaning players were at full speed the whole play. actually, in breakaway runs, (in ncaa 10) the players 40 times were slower than in real life
there's a game speed slider this year
Old 04-23-2010, 11:44 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 7

I don't want it to seem like I'm calling him out on this, but Russ did say one thing that I'm real hesitant to get on board with. With replays, he said that they can do things that broadcast can't. Well, yeah. But that in itself leads to unrealistic camera angles and cut scenes. Those 500 mph camera pans of the stadium are totally unrealistic. You never see that in an actual broadcast because they don't allow predator drones to fly around the stadium during games. If the game is to reflect a real broadcast, which adds to the immersion factor, then you have to stick with those parameters. So while the kickoff shot looks cool, it's not realistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2010, 11:45 PM   #16
Banned

AttackAttack's Arena

OVR: 6

wow looks really really good. See the UF qb scramble? looked really good. not through the whole vid yet haha.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »