Home

NCAA Football 11 Video: Interview and Gameplay

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 11 Video: Interview and Gameplay within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-24-2010, 01:16 AM   #65
MVP

OVR: 27
Re: NCAA Football 11 Video: Interview and Gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan55
I'm sure it only covered it because he was pressing A at least that's how it was in '10
Well, in Madden 10 it came up whether you pressed or not and they share the same timer properties for their playcall screen. But you may have a better sampling of it with NCAA 10 than I would, since I gave up on NCAA 10 after playing the demo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2010, 01:17 AM   #66
MVP

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
I was thinking that, too. But then I remembered something... in every sports game I can think of (and certainly EA football games) if you pressed 'A' during replay the replay ends. So if he had pressed there would've been no replay at all. Instead, the replay played but the playcall screen covered it by design. There is something else I wish I could mention about this but the NDA with Madden prevents it. However, I will say that they need to sit down and get their minds right with their concept design for presentation. A lot of these issues are fixable, they just need exercise some common sense.
I just played '10 and until I pressed A my replays were clean as a whistle no graphics no nothing. When I pressed A my playcall screen slid in and the replay kept going behind it then when I picked my play the replay ended. I'm sure that's what we'll get this year too.
Old 04-24-2010, 01:21 AM   #67
Banned

OVR: 21
Really? John Brantley running the spread? No.
Old 04-24-2010, 01:22 AM   #68
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverines05
I edited my last post, but basically, EA should make it an option for whether or not the playcall screen comes up during presentation elements. this would be good for those who want to enjoy what EA put a lot of time into this year,(presentation) and it would be good to the casual gamers who are looking to jump straight into their next play. considering its madden's goal to be quicker, having the playcall screen come up immediately during the presentation elements actually makes sense, even if it makes for a less authentic game. but at least have it as an option.

watcher, were you at community day? i know you were at the last one, just not sure. im guessing youve talked to the dev team about this. also, do you think this "option" could be implemented before release?
I told them this sucked at Community Day last year. I told them in notes there. Told them in notes afterwards that this makes no sense. Said it again when the vids came out. Told them after people complained about it in 10. Told them again this year at Community Day although I was still playing an Alpha with most of the presentation not available in the game yet, so it was impossible to know if they'd done anything about it. But my opinion is, I doubt they will do anything with this issue because I don't think they see it as a problem.

For people who don't care about presentation, then yeah they won't care. But if these games are going to marketed with presentation being a back of the box feature, you should at least design it so that the presentation is featured and not made an afterthought. There is a real problem with the concept design mentality in this area.
Old 04-24-2010, 01:23 AM   #69
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
There is a replay that starts at 7:07 and it looks like it would've been hot, but the playcall screen is covering it.
I think in that particular situation, he was pressing buttons to skip it, as that was the time he pressed too much and accidentally choose FG kick(NM, he just hit the wrong button). but like you, I also hope the playcall screen does not cover it up, it'll ruin the replays and other presentational cutscenes. but in NCAA 10, the play call screen would not come up unless you manually pressed a button, I hope it remains like that.

Last edited by Solidice; 04-24-2010 at 01:27 AM.
Old 04-24-2010, 01:24 AM   #70
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan55
I just played '10 and until I pressed A my replays were clean as a whistle no graphics no nothing. When I pressed A my playcall screen slid in and the replay kept going behind it then when I picked my play the replay ended. I'm sure that's what we'll get this year too.
NCAA 10 or Madden 10? The replays don't get covered in Madden 10, but the cut scenes do as well as post-play, without pressing. It always comes up automatically and interrupts the scene.
Old 04-24-2010, 01:26 AM   #71
MVP

OVR: 29

Quote:
NCAA 10 or Madden 10? The replays don't get covered in Madden 10, but the cut scenes do as well as post-play, without pressing. It always comes up automatically and interrupts the scene.
NCAA replays don't get covered automatically I hope this doesn't change
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2010, 01:28 AM   #72
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
There is a replay that starts at 7:07 and it looks like it would've been hot, but the playcall screen is covering it.
I'm almost positive that he pushed a button to skip through the replay. You can see that the ESPN graphic wipe doesn't even finish.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »