Home

It's going to be VERY interesting to see how the No Huddle offenses are implemented.

This is a discussion on It's going to be VERY interesting to see how the No Huddle offenses are implemented. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-24-2010, 11:18 PM   #1
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43
It's going to be VERY interesting to see how the No Huddle offenses are implemented.

After reading the hands on preview and other blogs talking about how accurate the offenses are this year, including the no huddle, I'm obviously curious as to how they decided to work this without it deteriorating to a "cheese" offense.

Obviously, Auburn has..what would be considered in the video game world...a "cheese" offense. We never huddle, with Gus Malzahn wanting to go as fast as possible, not allowing the opposing defense to substitute, call plays, or get set.

In real life...it's great.

In the video game world...if I attempted to run that style of offense right now, I'd be labled as the biggest cheeser this side of Cheddar or Nacho.

It will be very interesting to see how the defensive player is able to counteract or effectively react to such an offense.

Also....I'll be VERY curious as to how EA went about completely reworking a lot of AI logic.

Because Auburn's offense and others involves a lot of reverses, end arounds, bubble screens, etc.

Of which....very very few actually exist in the game in NCAA 10, and even fewer work appropriately.

This is by far the biggest feature I'm worried/interested in.

If they did it well..it could absolutely incredible.

Otherwise..it could be a train wreck.

Here is some video of the types of plays that Malzahn runs at Auburn pretty frequently.

The WR Option Reverse/Endaround

Some other highlights from our offense. I'll be highly impressed if EA actually did make it "authentic" because it means they added a TON of plays. We'll see.

Last edited by AuburnAlumni; 04-24-2010 at 11:22 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2010, 02:00 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: It's going to be VERY interesting to see how the No Huddle offenses are implement

I am pretty sure(hoping) that EA has thought this out many times and has implemented this correctly. The preview even mentioned the CPU AI was playing as Michigan, a spread team, and they didn't run the no huddle every time, but after big plays just like they do in real life.

I'd imagine EA also added a lot of plays to this. Whats the point of adding authentic styles of offense and leaving the plays out that make them so different?

― Plato
Old 04-25-2010, 02:25 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: It's going to be VERY interesting to see how the No Huddle offenses are implement

If they really wanted to make the No Huddle offense real, they would make it just like real life where the Cougs get shutout multiple times a year running it......Man how I wish to see us succeed in this offense.

Weird thought I just had..... If theres no coaches on the sideline won't it be weird having your team looking over getting signals from no one? :/

Last edited by Potatoes002; 04-25-2010 at 02:38 AM.
Old 04-25-2010, 10:47 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 1

if they really make offenses that authentic, id never go back to madden
Old 04-25-2010, 11:01 AM   #5
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

I've actually played in that kind of offense. We would line up to see what the defense was in and looked to the sidelines for the play.

I can tell you to make it authentic, in a hostile enviroment, occasionally players should miss the play. That was exactly what happened to us when we played GT on their turf.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2010, 12:24 PM   #6
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27

If they implement it to play much like teams like Oklahoma play it, I will love it. Just hope it wont be something that can be abused to death in online games.
Old 04-25-2010, 12:38 PM   #7
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37

AA, I think I saw a play that looked like that second one in one of the videos. My mind may be playing tricks on me though. I'm off to search.
Old 04-25-2010, 03:09 PM   #8
Pro

amoore0192's Arena

OVR: 7

I would love to see Auburn and all their endarounds and fake reverses and all the misdirection, but yeah Im really looking forward to see how its put in and if teams run it selectivly or all the time like Oklahoma and others. Maybe I can make Florida a little bit more successful with it than in real life!

CUSTOM COVERS
&
CUSTOM UNIFORM DESIGNS

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »