Home

Dynasty Mode

This is a discussion on Dynasty Mode within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-27-2010, 11:21 PM   #49
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Dynasty Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
they don't really have any set time to release them. we don't even know if they will even be one this week.

the last blog was on a Thursday, the one before that was on a Monday. the others I believe were all on a Thursday. so Thursday would probably be the best bet for the next blog, if there is one this week.
But they were all released on dates that ended in 5. March 25th, April 5th, and April 15th, so.... Where was it Sunday

The one before the 25th of March was the 19th, so maybe this 29th?

― Plato
Old 04-27-2010, 11:24 PM   #50
The Legendary Roots Crew

Sublime12089's Arena

OVR: 10

As far as rivalries, ours (USF's) are compleetely messed up. Right now our only rival is UCF, a team we have never lost to, and don't even play anymore. Better rivalries would include at least West Virginia and maybe even Rutgers, who has had our number the past few years. Also, it is pretty tense when we play big Florida schools and I would say a few years of competitive games with UF, UM, or FSU(who we beat last year) will develop rivalries. Also I want Rocky back, who is our mascot and we had in last gen games before we were even in a BCS conference. Yea, for the most part this is just a USF fan ranting, but then again, Where is the love for us?
Old 04-27-2010, 11:40 PM   #51
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGFOOT999
As far as rivalries, ours (USF's) are compleetely messed up. Right now our only rival is UCF, a team we have never lost to, and don't even play anymore. Better rivalries would include at least West Virginia and maybe even Rutgers, who has had our number the past few years. Also, it is pretty tense when we play big Florida schools and I would say a few years of competitive games with UF, UM, or FSU(who we beat last year) will develop rivalries. Also I want Rocky back, who is our mascot and we had in last gen games before we were even in a BCS conference. Yea, for the most part this is just a USF fan ranting, but then again, Where is the love for us?
Hey, you're apart of us now. You deserve a mascot as much as Texas or Bama.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2010, 11:40 PM   #52
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

i kinda feel bad for the EA guys, its only April 27th and we're wondering when the next info will come out and the game doesnt come out till mid July. It's as if they gotta release something everyday or else we get restless haha. And if they release something we've seen we end up complaining and say show us this.
Old 04-28-2010, 05:20 AM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckfever8
Offline Dynasty is practically the only mode I play, and it's been the same pretty much for the current-gen.

Add these things:
Heisman Presentation
National Signing Day Show
Weekly Wrap Up Show
With ESPN Presentation they could easily add those three things
Medical Redshirts
Spring Game
Under Armour Recruit Game
Stadium Creator
Long Term Scheduling
Better Poll Logic
Expand Conferences (Especially with Big Ten expansion talks)
Early Enrollees
Recruit Players earlier (as early as Freshman in High School)
Coaching Carosuel
Authentic Coaches/Coordinators
Better Recruiting Logic (A 55 speed pocket passer shouldn't go to Georgia Tech)
National Championship Celebration
Rivalry Win Celebration
Create your own conference (for Teambuilder teams, not like putting Memphis in the SEC, but actual custom conferences)
Play Editor
I also play offline dynasty exclusively, and with that said, this post needs to be sent to the developers!
Old 04-28-2010, 05:35 AM   #54
Rookie

MEAST26's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
Here's the #1 change I'd like to dynasty, which is a multi-parter.

1. Have the CPU recruit correctly and competitively.
1a. Huge schools (USC, Fla, aOSU, etc) can recruit with user controlled huge schools and outrecruit user controlled lesser teams. Medium CPU schools can compete with medium user schools, etc.
1b. They only recruit players that fit their system. I've seen flexbone teams in '10 recruit slow pocket passers. With their new "120 ways to win" which includes 9ish basic offensive types, this should be easy. Just add an internal flag to each recruit for team style. Then only allow (a) recruits to be interested in schools that match their style, and (b) teams to only recruit players that fit their style.
1c. They recruit decent depth. In '10 it was worlds better than '09, but you still end up with teams with too many guys at some positions, but not enough at others.
This. I shouldn't have to use my own recruiting restrictions to keep a dynasty fun/challenging. And even using restrictions still doesn't ensure that teams will go after guys that actally fit their style. I have to assume EA corrected this considering the whole "120 ways to win" thing, but I guess we'll see. As big as my list would be of things I'd like to see return/added to dynasty, all of this would easily be at the top.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »