Home

Missed Snaps are they in 11?

This is a discussion on Missed Snaps are they in 11? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-28-2010, 11:41 AM   #9
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Missed Snaps are they in 11?

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
It could/should be awareness related.
it could be but shouldnt be. Awareness should be more of being aware of the defense and those around you. They should just add a snap rating. Maybe next year.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:47 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 25

highly doubtful....
Old 04-28-2010, 12:26 PM   #11
Banned

mrMagic91's Arena

OVR: 23

Its not like its a feature. It'll be something you'll have to wait to see when you play the game yourself
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2010, 01:19 PM   #12
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

I wouldn't mind having missed snaps if there were snap, take snap, and composure ratings that played a factor into it. It was just too random the way it was in the demo last year.

I actually wouldn't mind if there was a meter system. Sort of like shooting free throws in basketball games. You'd hold the snap button down until the meter hit a certain point and then release it to snap the ball. How accurate, or far off, you were would determine how good/bad the snap is. At least that way it wouldn't be random. I could see it being a big problem playing online though. If there was any lag.

I do wish they would add some kind of snap meter on punts and field goal attempts though. Bad snaps are more likely on these plays and they are too easy right now.
Old 04-28-2010, 01:23 PM   #13
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
Last year in the demo the game had missed snaps. But it counted as an incomplete pass. So they took it out. With this extra attention on shotgun it would be nice if it in. Only if its done right ofcourse.
wasn't that glitch only in the PS3 demo? I don't recall any snaps going over the head of the QB on the 360 demo. I say glitch because I don't think it was meant to be a missed snap. it was supposed to be just a high snap that the QB catches(which was in the retail version of 10), but because of a glitch, it went over and was called incomplete pass because I guess the game didn't know what to do with it.
Old 04-28-2010, 03:28 PM   #14
Rookie

Catamount53's Arena

OVR: 1

I dont think adding missed snaps would be that good of an idea. It doesnt happen that often in real life and it would be too random/common in the game.
Old 04-28-2010, 03:40 PM   #15
Rookie

mgcole42's Arena

OVR: 2

This would only work if it happened rarely and to those with low awareness. Yes a snap rating would be more accurate in theory but who is gonna judge John Brantley snap taking ability? Plus, I don't think they are gonna take up space with a new attribute of snap rating. If it were in it would need to be only to really low awareness rating players and even then pretty uncommmon, realistically that's the way to do it.

Also, a snap meter is a pretty good idea. Definitely so for FG and Punts, maybe shotgun snaps could be an option to turn on or off.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2010, 04:15 PM   #16
MVP

Matt Diesel's Arena

OVR: 20

The one video, I forget which one, had the QB picking up a low snap off the turf. It probably will not be more extensive than that I suppose.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »