Home

This year's NCAA will be waaaay better than Madden!

This is a discussion on This year's NCAA will be waaaay better than Madden! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-27-2010, 09:46 PM   #9
Pro

Jakeness23's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: This year's NCAA will be waaaay better than Madden!

Just wondering, are the FCS teams in the game this year? (App. St for example)
Old 04-27-2010, 09:49 PM   #10
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakeness23
Just wondering, are the FCS teams in the game this year? (App. St for example)
no, they havent mentioned it but i'm 99.9% sure they aren't. Especially because they talk about 120 ways to win and how they made each team play like they do in real life. I doubt they would have the time to add FCS teams and do that as well. I think they've decided that teambuilder is for those that want FCS schools.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:00 PM   #11
Banned

Bigdmo9999's Arena

OVR: 46

Doubtful. Madden had their rebirth last year. Last year NCAA got windsocks and season showdown. Its about time we have our own little rebirth (predictable since Madden did it last year), but NCAA will always be a year behind Madden. It sucks but its true, it always has been.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2010, 10:13 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 13

Sorry OP but I disagree. I still won't buy Madden this year cause I prefer the college game but like BigdMo mentions; NCAA is always a year behind. It seems like the only thing NCAA has that Madden doesn't is ESPN presentation. Madden looked better last year and played better, NCAA is still playing catch up in the graphics department IMO
Old 04-27-2010, 10:34 PM   #13
DickDalewood

OVR:

Both feature similar gameplay using the same pro-tak and locomotion engines... so what makes ncaa like 2k and not madden? My guess would be the sources love for the ESPN presentation...

Old 04-27-2010, 11:05 PM   #14
Rookie

nine0bison's Arena

OVR: 7

This person went to an event where they were showing both NCAA and Madden. He was talking with one of the NCAA "designers" that used to work for 2K. This person worked on Madden last year but was asked to lead up NCAA this year. Last year's NCAA crew was removed (not sure if everyone is gone but...) and he brought in his own crew which consisted of a few guys that worked at 2K as well. In this extensive conversation he discussed spending a huge amount of time on fixing the gameplay. He also discussed having his friend who works (or worked) at Disney Pixar come in and do a lot with the texture and look of the player models. He discussed how NCAA went in drastically improved the player animations...the game actually looks like a real college game. You will see a lot of the "little things" that you had seen in the NFL2K. With the addition of ESPN you will see the a lot of ESPN tickers, etc. What you will also see is the halftime and end of games highlights that you saw in NFL2K. Not sure if the weekly halftime shows have returned though. In regards to the 120 ways to win, the playbooks are REALLY different from the others this time. Ummm, let's see...he did say that the NCAA guys were really friendly and spent a lot of time talking to people while the Madden guys basically walked around like they were the ****. They gave the interviews but all of them (whether they were for ign.com or gamespot) were the same. He even told me how certain website would get up there and say "oh the game is great" without having played the game. There was a lot of *** kissing and guys not giving their real opinion for fear of not being invited back. He said that Madden looked the same and their "features" were real gimmicky. I will write more when I remember. Peace out for now.....
Old 04-27-2010, 11:39 PM   #15
Pro

Jakeness23's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
no, they havent mentioned it but i'm 99.9% sure they aren't. Especially because they talk about 120 ways to win and how they made each team play like they do in real life. I doubt they would have the time to add FCS teams and do that as well. I think they've decided that teambuilder is for those that want FCS schools.
Yeah I suppose that is understandable, that would be A LOT of extra work. Something to wish on though cause I used to love playing with those teams against the big boys, always added a little more fun to it. Oh well, I'm definitely still getting it the first day it comes out, as well as Madden. Can't ever have enough football.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2010, 11:56 PM   #16
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by nine0bison
They gave the interviews but all of them (whether they were for ign.com or gamespot) were the same. He even told me how certain website would get up there and say "oh the game is great" without having played the game. There was a lot of *** kissing and guys not giving their real opinion for fear of not being invited back. He said that Madden looked the same and their "features" were real gimmicky. I will write more when I remember. Peace out for now.....
You should probabyl edit out the first few sentences of ur post so as not to give away the guys identity should EA see this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »