Home

This year's NCAA will be waaaay better than Madden!

This is a discussion on This year's NCAA will be waaaay better than Madden! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-28-2010, 11:15 AM   #25
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: This year's NCAA will be waaaay better than Madden!

When the op suggests that 2K guys came in and are now running the show - that hurt his credibility since Russ and Ben are clearly everywhere still. I hope NCAA 11 is great and that the new playbooks are awesome but I'm not sure how seriously I take some of those comments.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2010, 12:57 PM   #26
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

They look really similar this year. Which is a good thing IMO.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 04-28-2010, 01:38 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 39

Is this a joke thread?
Old 04-28-2010, 01:45 PM   #28
Rookie

nine0bison's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
I don't buy a word of it. Ben and Russ are still the guys in charge, and central gameplay is still the same team. Not that I have anything against Ben and Russ, just saying, I seriously doubt some 2k guy came in and reinvented the game by replacing the staff.

Beyond that, I seem to remember 2k's attempt at college football. If that's what we're getting, I'll just stick with NCAA 10.
I wasn't there so I really can't convince you. The person who I spoke with and know WAS there and he played about 5 or 6 games.
Old 04-28-2010, 01:50 PM   #29
Rookie

nine0bison's Arena

OVR: 7

I know there are some of you that think this is a joke thread but I was merely giving some insight on a conversation I had with a person that was there. Maybe the title should have been "hearing good things about this year's NCAA" or something but the fact of the matter is I'm not hear to convince you...just sharing what I heard.
Old 04-28-2010, 02:35 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
I don't buy a word of it. Ben and Russ are still the guys in charge, and central gameplay is still the same team. Not that I have anything against Ben and Russ, just saying, I seriously doubt some 2k guy came in and reinvented the game by replacing the staff.

Beyond that, I seem to remember 2k's attempt at college football. If that's what we're getting, I'll just stick with NCAA 10.
Also on top of that, if people knew the insides of EA and how things work, they would refrain from such claims. It's probably just new game feel. Your source might be excited for NCAA, however, locomotion wise, and A.I. wise NCAA will be no different than Madden and might be a little setback from it. Presentation might make it appear to be a better game and the different styles of offense, but other than that I'm not buying these claims.
Old 04-28-2010, 02:49 PM   #31
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by nine0bison
This person went to an event where they were showing both NCAA and Madden. He was talking with one of the NCAA "designers" that used to work for 2K. This person worked on Madden last year but was asked to lead up NCAA this year. Last year's NCAA crew was removed (not sure if everyone is gone but...) and he brought in his own crew which consisted of a few guys that worked at 2K as well. In this extensive conversation he discussed spending a huge amount of time on fixing the gameplay. He also discussed having his friend who works (or worked) at Disney Pixar come in and do a lot with the texture and look of the player models. He discussed how NCAA went in drastically improved the player animations...the game actually looks like a real college game. You will see a lot of the "little things" that you had seen in the NFL2K. With the addition of ESPN you will see the a lot of ESPN tickers, etc. What you will also see is the halftime and end of games highlights that you saw in NFL2K. Not sure if the weekly halftime shows have returned though. In regards to the 120 ways to win, the playbooks are REALLY different from the others this time. Ummm, let's see...he did say that the NCAA guys were really friendly and spent a lot of time talking to people while the Madden guys basically walked around like they were the ****. They gave the interviews but all of them (whether they were for ign.com or gamespot) were the same. He even told me how certain website would get up there and say "oh the game is great" without having played the game. There was a lot of *** kissing and guys not giving their real opinion for fear of not being invited back. He said that Madden looked the same and their "features" were real gimmicky. I will write more when I remember. Peace out for now.....

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2010, 04:09 PM   #32
MVP

ZoneKIller's Arena

OVR: 18

Hey that guy you talked to....He wasnt talking about EA's basketball games was he?
I heard somewhere that EA brought in som 2K guys for their basketball games?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »