Home

On and off weather

This is a discussion on On and off weather within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-29-2010, 04:30 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: On and off weather

Neither Madden nor NCAA has never had variable weather. Ever. I would know, it's an obsession of mine.
Old 04-29-2010, 07:06 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrish pinkney
they should put on and off rain
for example:say it a cloudy day and you do not expect it to rain,then out of nowhere a shower in the middle of the game

that would be perfect with snow too
Strangely it used to do that on last gen.
Old 04-29-2010, 08:19 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Nope, never did on the last gen either. EA's football games have never had variable weather on any system.
Old 04-29-2010, 09:13 PM   #20
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Neither Madden nor NCAA has never had variable weather. Ever. I would know, it's an obsession of mine.
Yes it did. It was Madden 05. It wasn't very good - you'd get rain for a quarter, and then it would suddenly stop and be sunny the rest of the game. It happened for about every rain game. Link: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...y-finally.html You started the thread...
Old 04-29-2010, 09:26 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyJote
Yes it did. It was Madden 05. It wasn't very good - you'd get rain for a quarter, and then it would suddenly stop and be sunny the rest of the game. It happened for about every rain game. Link: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...y-finally.html You started the thread...
LMAO
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2010, 10:27 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Yeah, it was speculated they were going to have that but it never actually made it in. I remember that was the first year we got footprints in the snow and at least we did get that.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 04-29-2010, 11:35 PM   #23
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Yeah, it was speculated they were going to have that but it never actually made it in. I remember that was the first year we got footprints in the snow and at least we did get that.
It's in IGN's review as well:

Quote:
http://xbox.ign.com/articles/536/536298p6.html
Other additions include weather and lighting that actually change throughout the game, and possible the ugliest group of cheerleaders ever to hit a videogame.
That's a review, not a preview, so that's not speculation. Plus, I also remember it being in. That Madden got more play from me than any other madden, with the exception of maybe Madden 99 (the first year of franchise, I didn't get another Madden until 03). And the weird weather sticks in my mind.
Old 04-29-2010, 11:38 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyJote
It's in IGN's review as well:

That's a review, not a preview, so that's not speculation. Plus, I also remember it being in. That Madden got more play from me than any other madden, with the exception of maybe Madden 99 (the first year of franchise, I didn't get another Madden until 03). And the weird weather sticks in my mind.
IGN is not the source of knowing what they're talking about when it comes to sports games. And trust me, it was not in because I would have raised holy hell the following year when it was no longer in the game. I've been asking for variable weather for as long as I can remember and I've given up on it.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »