Home

What defense are you most looking forward to using in NCAA 11?

This is a discussion on What defense are you most looking forward to using in NCAA 11? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-01-2010, 09:59 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: What defense are you most looking forward to using in NCAA 11?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx34
Not even remotely close. Leave it to a Bama fan to be clueless about the game of football (just kidding, ha ha!). But seriously, the LB names don't correlate with the LOLB/ROLB/MLB with the exception of the Mike being the middle. The OLBs are the Sam and Will (Sam is Strong-side and Will is Weak-side) This is pretty much the same for most 3 LB as well as 4 LB sets.

Different coordinators do different things with the 4th LB in a 3-4, and to my knowledge, the naming is different on a per coordinator basis. For Bama, the Jack roams around and has many different assignments depending on the play. They tend to use him to disguise different blitzes as well as being a more aggressive LB assignment-wise.

Most Coordinators also use strong-side and weak-side assignments for their Defensive ends rather than LE and RE. It's been my opinion that this is a LONG overdue change since it's far more accurate. They really need to re-do how defenses in the game do personnel. Someone also mentioned safety placement as far as which sides the FS and SS line up. They also need to put in better assignments for man coverage. For example, if we're playing against each other, I want to put my best corner on Julio all game long, unless I'm in zone. This prevents you from using a package sub or formation sub to put him in the slot and creating a massive mismatch.

I'm really not seeing these changes making it, but perhaps they'll focus on "120 ways to stop the other team from winning" next year.

I know we broke a lot of barners hearts last November although our defense wasn't as good that game as it was the rest of the year. I just want Bama's defense to match what you see on saturday's. I don't know what other DC's call their LB's but i know what Bama calls them. Bottom line I wanna see 120 ways to make his a$$ quit...lol
Work every day to dominate your opponent. You know, we have an opponent in this state that we work every day, 365 days a year, to dominate. That’s our goal. That’s what you get up every day to do, to dominate the people that you have to compete against and play against.- Nick Saban
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2010, 10:27 PM   #42
Banned

Tarheel's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Peench
With all this talk on 120 different offensive style and such, I thought we should shift the discussion to the other side of the ball. That being said, what defense are you most looking forward to using this year?

For me, its the UNC Tar Heels. Reason being:

1. Exceptionally athletic linebacker corps: Bruce Carter, Quan Sturdivant, and Zach Brown. All three are extremely rangey and experienced, with Brown running a sub 4.3 40. Easily the most athletic linebacking group in the country.

2. Despite losing Cam Thomas and EJ Wilson, still some dominant DLineman. Marvin Austin (DT) and Robert Quinn (DE) are both projected 1st rounders.

3. A blend of athletic youth and playmaking veterans in the secondary. Deunta Williams and Kendric Burney anchor this unit.

Mcshay (whatever he knows ) has 4 UNC defenses players going in the 1st round of his 2011 mock draft. Needless to say, they should be a real force in NCAA 11.
hmmm...who might I choose....maybe that team over in Chapel Hill perhaps?
Old 05-01-2010, 10:39 PM   #43
Rookie

prototype561's Arena

OVR: 4

funny thing i saw today while playing ncaa 10 was a double team block. I thought i was just imagining but i went to replay and sure enough my guard and tackle were double teaming an end. I didnt even know this was in 10. I guess the animation doesnt trigger that frequently because i had never seen it before.
Old 05-01-2010, 11:47 PM   #44
Rookie

Draxion's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheel
hmmm...who might I choose....maybe that team over in Chapel Hill perhaps?
Its going to be fun watching Russell Wilson and our offense run all over your "top ten defense" while Wolfpack chants ring out through your stadium :P

As for defense to play I want to try out TCUs, never really played 4-2-5 so i would like to try that out
Old 05-01-2010, 11:54 PM   #45
Banned

Tarheel's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draxion
Its going to be fun watching Russell Wilson and our offense run all over your "top ten defense" while Wolfpack chants ring out through your stadium :P

As for defense to play I want to try out TCUs, never really played 4-2-5 so i would like to try that out
haha...I'm sure NCAA State will have a good game against us...on your console.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2010, 11:12 AM   #46
Rookie

Draxion's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheel
haha...I'm sure NCAA State will have a good game against us...on your console.
hahahaha
Old 05-02-2010, 01:23 PM   #47
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
IF they can't get proper strong and weak side players correct, they should just give us an audible to do so.

One DLine audible to switch our DEs. One DLine audible to switch the Nose and DT.

One LB audible to switch the OLBs. One audible to switch the MLBs (3-4, 4-4).

One audible to switch the free and strong safety, and one audible to switch the CBs.

Then one audible to switch all defensive players to the proper side.

I know this can be done before the play is called, but I'm talking after the play is called, if the offense flips it's strength, we should have these options.
you can only do one of those pre play, then there is no way possible to switch de's, lb's, cb's, and safeties to their proper spot on the field or 3 out of the 4 before the ball is snapped. there needs to be an option to switch all 4 to the other side of the field, but then you run into the problem if your team uses boundary and field positions in the secondary of having to do those manually based on what side of the field youre on.
Old 05-02-2010, 04:58 PM   #48
Rookie

FutureVol's Arena

OVR: 6

I think some of the shifting to the strong/weak side as far as LB's & DE's are concerned will be addressed in the option to pick a play @ the LOS this way you can check the formation before you actually pick a package to run and switch your defenders before the play has started..I envision it being tad better than a audible..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »