Home

PS2 or XBOX Version of NCAA 2004???

This is a discussion on PS2 or XBOX Version of NCAA 2004??? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2003, 02:36 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
PS2 or XBOX Version of NCAA 2004???

Is there any difference in graphics between Xbox and Ps2.
Is PS2 version running smooth? Are there any slowdowns?
And how is the online play?

Thanks

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2003, 02:38 PM   #2
Erv
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: PS2 or XBOX Version of NCAA 2004???

go for the PS2, the graphics are about equal(xbox has noticable jaggies as well), the sound is probably better on ps2(check the glitch thread out), it's online, and the control overall is easier. You just will be short of memory that's all.
Old 07-15-2003, 03:57 PM   #3
MVP

Danimal's Arena

OVR: 21

I looked at both side by side (since I own both systems) bottom line is the Xbox has a slight edge in graphics. So it comes down to this:

If you want to play online (go PS2)
If your playing solo dynasty (go Xbox and don't worry about memory cards)

Thats my take anyway...I went Xbox
Old 07-15-2003, 04:05 PM   #4
Rookie

Jeremy_Stein's Arena

OVR: 12

After E3, I was all up on the PS2's bandwagon, I was really impressed by how close the graphics were to the X-box version.

After playing the PS2 version on my couch this afternoon, I think I might be changing my tune. The PS2 version might still be the best, and definitely is if you want online play. But there is slowdown, something I've seen only rarely on either the X-box or GC versions of NCAA 2003 or 2004. Also, simming games takes FOREVER. Everything is slower on the PS2 -- simming, load times, saving to a memory card. For someone as impatient as myself, playing the PS2 version makes me think that I'm going to play dynasty games on the X-box this year.

If online doesn't matter to you, get the GC or X-box. Every system has the ability to download rosters, so that's a wash. PS2 and Gamecube have the best controllers, though the x-box controller is tolerable.

It should be good on every system this year, I just had forgotten how bad simming and saving files was on the PS2. Oh well, minor gripe. Just go out and get the game, it's even better than last year's masterpiece.

(BTW, simming is a function of CPU speed -- the PS2 has the slowest CPU amongst the modern consoles.)
Old 07-15-2003, 04:52 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

I bought NCAA for the Xbox. I'm just dissapointed about Xbox Live. Well... There is always next year and year after that. I just hope that they will come to agreement soon.
At least they should allow us to play using LAN like Brute Force.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »