Home

NCAA Football 11 Q&A: Designer Talks Playbooks, Blocking (ESPN Videogames)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 11 Q&A: Designer Talks Playbooks, Blocking (ESPN Videogames) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-01-2010, 01:57 AM   #33
MVP

boritter's Arena

OVR: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConVick
Hoping to have a game I can play till the season ends. The past 2 NCAA games I owned were done by September
LOL. Due to horrific blocking I stopped playing NCAA10 before Madden10 came out.
Old 05-01-2010, 11:27 AM   #34
Banned

OVR: 21
Really liking the way its shaping up but one thing just makes me laugh. When Ben talks about presentation and wanting to make it feel like a broadcast and then saying they are...its not even worth it to finish the sentence. Cant wait to try the demo
Old 05-01-2010, 11:37 AM   #35
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: NCAA Football 11 Q&A: Designer Talks Playbooks, Blocking (ESPN Videogames)

My biggest pet peeve is when devs say "we cant talk about dynasty/franchise/career mode at the moment"

Then when the info comes out (usually a week before release) its meh information and nothing groundbreaking...

Non sports games doesnt have a problem with giving the consumer info about its story mode....

like WTF man :
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2010, 11:59 AM   #36
Rookie

Lynx34's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeman
My biggest pet peeve is when devs say "we cant talk about dynasty/franchise/career mode at the moment"

Then when the info comes out (usually a week before release) its meh information and nothing groundbreaking...

Non sports games doesnt have a problem with giving the consumer info about its story mode....

like WTF man :
2 reasons for this.

1) It's marketing. If they give out all their info too early, they don't have anything to keep the hype train going. You don't want to get everybody excited and then forget about your game a month before release.

2) Even more importantly, many details may not be final. They may be working on a lot of things that they think will be good additions and if they announce them now but end up not getting them done in time, and they don't make it in, there will be some disappointed customers. Since their main focus seems to be on gameplay this year, I wouldn't doubt that they've just about wrapped up on it and are using the last couple months on game mode features and tweaks (dynasty,RtG,etc.)
Old 05-01-2010, 12:10 PM   #37
Banned

OVR: 21
I hope both NCAA and Madden's Dynasty/ Franchise features focus on preparation. I really like the way its done in the Head Coach games and i hope some of that makes its way in to these ones.
Old 05-01-2010, 12:32 PM   #38
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan
I played a lot of 10 vs the cpu on heisman - still do actually - and on the rare occasion that my dbs cover every one qbs do scramble
Didn't even see this message...only proves my point
Old 05-02-2010, 08:03 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
Love what I'm seeing so far!!!

I'm still waiting to see what PS3 will look like because after all the nice vids that have been showcased in previous years, PS3 gamers quickly find out after buying that the smooth and vivid looks are from the 360 version. Please don't try and sell to me there's little difference between 720p and 1080p, because there is. With the PS3 version, colors aren't as crisp and sharp as the 360. So it would be nice to see what PS3 gamers are going to get, especially if presentation is going to be on of the big selling points.

It would be nice to what EA games would look like in 1080p for the PS3.

The blocking is awsome, I just wish the collision blocking would be more like the collision of runner/tackler and more guys hitting the ground (esp. OL vs LB's/DB's--smaller players getting mashed by OL happens alot) .

The blocking on the option is good to, but the animattion that would fit perfect would be last years leg tackle animation were the runners feet would be in the air. The crackback or cut-block is pivital to option blocking vs the drive block that's in all the vids so far.

I'm still buying to satisfy my itch for college footabll.
Wait wait wait...I'm considering buying a PS3 to play this game...is there really a discrepancy between the 360 and PS3 version?!
Old 05-02-2010, 09:15 PM   #40
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35

I can definitely agree with this guy, when I picked up the game about 2 months ago, my first reaction was;

WOW This is the NCAA I had come to hate? It's about time they turned it around, they really impressed me right off the bat with everything I saw.

Gotta say this is the year I won't be returning NCAA.

Follow me on twitter @Equipment_Guru

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »