Home

Big Ten

This is a discussion on Big Ten within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-30-2010, 11:43 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 13
Re: Big Ten

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyJote
If the Big Ten, does it as well, and Colorado will likely be one of the teams to go west, especially with their chief rival (Nebraska) leaving anyway. So that leaves just Kansas, Iowa St., and K-State in the North. Maybe the Big 12 moves Oklahoma and Ok. St. to the north (and make a provision to keep Texas/OU yearly) and add Boise St, TCU, and another Texas school like SMU or Houston. Maybe BYU could be an option as well.

The Big East will probably have to abandon hopes of being strong in football. They might be able to save their BCS bid, but only if TCU and/or leave the MWC, which would kill it's hopes of gaining a automatic bid.
There's no way Boise State joins the Big 12....I just can't see it.
Old 04-30-2010, 11:44 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
Peter King is reporting the Big Ten will add 5 teams.
Source?
Old 04-30-2010, 11:48 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
On another side note... how is the Big Ten logo going to incorporate a 5 into their design?
no charge for this...
Attached Images
File Type: png Big 10.png (109.9 KB, 255 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2010, 11:51 PM   #12
Roll Tribe

Senator Stone's Arena

OVR: 13

I just have a hard time seeing more than 1 or 3 teams joining. Unfortunately, Rutgers and Missouri make the most sense because the Big Ten can add the most revenue by adding the television sets in St. Louis and the NY/NJ area. Pitt, Syracuse and Nebraska make the most sense from a rivalry/basketball football sense.
Old 04-30-2010, 11:59 PM   #13
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by aws5985
I just have a hard time seeing more than 1 or 3 teams joining. Unfortunately, Rutgers and Missouri make the most sense because the Big Ten can add the most revenue by adding the television sets in St. Louis and the NY/NJ area. Pitt, Syracuse and Nebraska make the most sense from a rivalry/basketball football sense.
Honestly, Kansas and Nebraska make more sense than Rutgers. Rutgers is not going to do a whole lot to get them NYC tv's. Better programs to start, and they will get them that part of the country more than Rutgers would get NYC.

As far as Boise St. joining the Big 12, the conference would have to be pretty decimated for them to bring in BSU. They're weak in every sport but football, but if 3 teams were to leave, I think the Big 12 would have to consider it. If more left by way of possible SEC expansion, they'd almost have to do it.
Old 05-01-2010, 12:03 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyJote
Honestly, Kansas and Nebraska make more sense than Rutgers. Rutgers is not going to do a whole lot to get them NYC tv's. Better programs to start, and they will get them that part of the country more than Rutgers would get NYC.
I agree Notre Dame would get them more of NY than the SUNJ would

Quote:
As far as Boise St. joining the Big 12, the conference would have to be pretty decimated for them to bring in BSU. They're weak in every sport but football, but if 3 teams were to leave, I think the Big 12 would have to consider it. If more left by way of possible SEC expansion, they'd almost have to do it.
what about Utah for the Big 12?
Old 05-01-2010, 12:07 AM   #15
Rookie

gofresno's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
I actually believe a team leaving a conference must give notice 2 seasons before they leave... at least this is how the Big 12 works. I wouldn't expect it to be in the game until like 2013..

On a side note, what the hell happens to the Big East and Big 12?

Link to story... HERE
I'm not sure if this is how it works for all conferences, but I've read a lot about the WAC and MWC expansion talks and for Boise as an example, the MWC would have to invite them by July 1st, and Boise would have to notify the WAC that they were leaving by Sept. 1st and the changes would take place after that school year has concluded.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2010, 12:09 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 3

Big 12 and Big East are toast. Big 10, Pac 10, ACC, and SEC will remain with 16 teams. There's would be a couple odd men out in that scenario though. (Texas Tech/Iowa State)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »