Home

NCAA's TeamBuilder vs Backbreaker's Team Customization

This is a discussion on NCAA's TeamBuilder vs Backbreaker's Team Customization within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-02-2010, 04:43 AM   #9
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: NCAA's TeamBuilder vs Backbreaker's Team Customization

Looks real nice but the problem I'm seeing is, outside of a few people, no one has the talent to put together logos/designs like the one in the video. If they could, the CAS logo thread wouldn't have been 100+ pages of the simplest requests (removing backgrounds, changing colors, etc).

My prediction is a handful of very well designed logos and a ton of MSPaint quality logos (or people just sticking with the generic logos). Don't get me wrong, Teambuilder is not without its flaws, but logo design was never one of them. And I didn't see enough of the uniform/helmet options to form an opinion.
Old 05-02-2010, 08:06 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 4

Very nice!!! I've been asking for something like this for years. I remember making a post after Forza came out for the 360, asking why there customization couldn't be implemented in a sports game. I think you could put up to 4000 layers on each side of the car. That is more than enough!! I've also been saying thats what I thought next gen would be everything we had before on the but with full customization making the game what we wanted.
Old 05-02-2010, 08:14 AM   #11
Banned

Xaos's Arena

OVR: 15

Didnt really see anything but logo customization (Which you can do in teambuilder by uploading your logo after you customized it) and end zone positioning for the letters, which isn't a biggie. Teambuilder ftw.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2010, 10:04 AM   #12
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperVictoria
Team Builder doesn't come close to what BackBreaker's capable of in terms of customization.
wat?

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 05-02-2010, 12:39 PM   #13
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37

If you are good enough, you could probably do the same things when it comes to logos for both. Backbreaker's customization has its advantages, one of which is that it gives you all the editing tools on disk. Team Builder gives you almost unlimited choices on your logo depending on what pics you can find. Backbreaker wins in the endzone the endzone department though. Neither have any sort of actual stadium customization. IMO when I think about it, neither is really better than the other. They are both very good. Team Builder can definently use some improvement though.
Old 05-02-2010, 02:07 PM   #14
Pro

GiantYankee's Arena

OVR: 8

The customization on BB looks sick! I have always loved create a school/team option in games. I did like teambuilder alot, but it needs some fine tuning. Names on the front of the jersey and the ability to access the team without an internet connection is key for me. Hopefully BB will push EA to do a little more. Can't wait for NCAA 11!
Old 05-02-2010, 02:51 PM   #15
Pro

Squeezee12's Arena

OVR: 14

I truly think that TB is awesome. But do believe that there are things that need to be added or worked on. The BB customization looks pretty good. And being someone that can and does make my own logos it does gain some of my interest. But truly I was excited that BB did a team customization because it will help push EA to continue improving TB.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2010, 04:35 PM   #16
Rookie

Vikefan24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivals
Looks like Forza.
First thing I thought of as well..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »