Home

Would you rather have an overpowered...

This is a discussion on Would you rather have an overpowered... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Which would you rather be overpowered in 11?
Offense 7 6.86%
Defense 61 59.80%
Smart Aleck Neither.... 34 33.33%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-02-2010, 11:32 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Would you rather have an overpowered...

Offense or Defense? I ask this because every year offense seems to be overpowered and the defense seems helpless at many times even with sliders. Also, when people usually complain about NCAA Football, when its not about physics, its about how a DB didn't cover well at all, or how the RBs are overpowered, etc. As it stands now, the only advantage the defense has over the offense is the ability to jump for the ball consistently.

So, I ask, would you rather have an overpowered defense or offense with a stock NCAA 11?

Personally, I would like an overpowered defense. I feel if we had this, we could fix it through sliders. The offensive sliders seem to work a lot better than the defensive sliders in my opinion. Also, I am a defensive type of guy and would love to see scores like 10-7 rather than a 35-42 nail biter every game.

So which is it for you?

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2010, 11:42 PM   #2
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Would you rather have an overpowered...

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Offense or Defense?
So which is it for you?
As someone who loves offense and has studied the Run & Shoot and West Coast offenses I would love to see the game have dominating defenses... because it would force you, the player, to really "study" the game and work on things in practice. It would also make scoring more rewarding as you would feel like you really accomplished something.

Old 05-02-2010, 11:54 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 29

agreed defense would give you more of a challenge and make scoring much more rewarding
Old 05-03-2010, 12:02 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 11

defense
Old 05-03-2010, 12:19 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 12

In a perfect world, neither would be overpowered.

My main gripe is not that the offense is really overpowered, its that the computer dumbs your defense down by epic measures to insure the offense can thrive. There are numerous times that your players are in a position to make a play to only have them completely stop moving to give the offensive receiver enough seperation to guarentee a reception. There are a ton of times your defensive guy makes zero attempt to even react to things going on around them.

This is a problem with the programmers. Either they dont know how to program any sort of defensive AI, or they dont want defense to play any part in their titles.

Its evident on all levels of play, wether against a human or cpu opponent. Its been a complete diaster since the inception of " wide open gameplay"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2010, 12:24 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

Defense would keep things interesting and realistic. Teams like Southern Miss,Memphis & Houston shouldn't be that great on defense. I would hope that during offline dynasty & OD that teams like Alabama,Auburn,Ohio State etc would have tougher defenses and actually make you change your gameplan and make adjustments.
Old 05-03-2010, 12:43 AM   #7
Rookie

prototype561's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsontide27
In a perfect world, neither would be overpowered.

My main gripe is not that the offense is really overpowered, its that the computer dumbs your defense down by epic measures to insure the offense can thrive. There are numerous times that your players are in a position to make a play to only have them completely stop moving to give the offensive receiver enough seperation to guarentee a reception. There are a ton of times your defensive guy makes zero attempt to even react to things going on around them.

This is a problem with the programmers. Either they dont know how to program any sort of defensive AI, or they dont want defense to play any part in their titles.

Its evident on all levels of play, wether against a human or cpu opponent. Its been a complete diaster since the inception of " wide open gameplay"
I agree, I mostly play offline dynasty and sucks to have your defense just suck regardless of their rating. Over a few years of recruiting i had amassed a defense with every player over 93 but im always like 115 against the pass because my corners and safeties get beat by wr and te's 20 points lower, wtf.
Old 05-03-2010, 01:02 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

It would make no sense for EA to make a game where default play had overpowering defense. Although hardcore college football fans might want the most realistic game possible, many in the general gaming public (taking up a large chunk of sales) want a high scoring, fun game to play. Football games will always favor scoring over defense for purposes of sales.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »