Home

NCAA Football 11: Real Assignment AI Live Chat Posted Here

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 11: Real Assignment AI Live Chat Posted Here within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-06-2010, 07:08 PM   #9
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: NCAA Football 11: Real Assignment AI Live Chat Posted Here

Other than Run Commit making a comeback, everything sounded good. A couple things were talked about as if they were better than what we have seen in the videos, so maybe they have either been improved, or we just saw a couple slackers on the field.

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10
Old 05-06-2010, 07:11 PM   #10
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

I gotta say that this stuff sounds really good. I mean if we have fundamentally correct blocking in every way, that alone could make this game great.
Old 05-06-2010, 07:13 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro1
I thought it went well until I read run commit is still in the game. ??? Seriously whats the point of having commits in the game if you have play recognition as well? I hope it doesnt give the defense super speed again.

Other than that I cant wait till the game drops, Im stoked.
Well, the thing is there is that everyone has their own individual rating for play recognition based on what play u call. Now if u have, say, a Man Under type defense with no one blitzing, each corner and LB has an assignment to focus on but of course, they still try to stay aware of the offensive situation and some are better than others because of the rating.
If u hit down on the right stick to commit to the run, it shifts all the team focus to look in the backfield for a run, instead, no longer worrying about their original assignment. 2 different things.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2010, 07:18 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 30

"[Comment From styleestylee: ]
There's a lot of debate about the efficacy of "sliding" the O-line on running plays. I assume that doing "slide", "pinch", etc. will have some effect on the line's blocking assigments on passing plays. Is there any way to change assignements for running plays pre-play?
Thursday May 6, 2010 4:02 stylee
4:02

NCAA Football Dev Team:
The only run plays slide protection works on is Draw Plays. We've made the choice to keep our run blocking assignments as they were set up.
Thursday May 6, 2010 4:02 NCAA Football Dev Team
4:02"

Hmm. I wonder how this will affect slide protection on passes.
Old 05-06-2010, 07:30 PM   #13
MVP

Hiro1's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyIM2
Well, the thing is there is that everyone has their own individual rating for play recognition based on what play u call. Now if u have, say, a Man Under type defense with no one blitzing, each corner and LB has an assignment to focus on but of course, they still try to stay aware of the offensive situation and some are better than others because of the rating.
If u hit down on the right stick to commit to the run, it shifts all the team focus to look in the backfield for a run, instead, no longer worrying about their original assignment. 2 different things.
That's not what run commit does. It tells every player to go to a single point on the field as if they were running to a single cone. Your explanation does not justify EA having awareness, play recognition and commit in the game. What would be the penalty in recruiting dumb players if you can commit their focus all game? Just curious.
Old 05-06-2010, 07:45 PM   #14
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjv31
I gotta say that this stuff sounds really good. I mean if we have fundamentally correct blocking in every way, that alone could make this game great.
Developers always seem to oversell the effectiveness of improved A.I., its the nature of the beast, but if its even 60% of what they say it is, it will be a monumental improvement.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 05-06-2010, 07:47 PM   #15
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

I really wish someone had asked how leaving a player unblocked works when playing against a human opponent. From the videos, it looks good against the CPU. But, if you run a read option, and the human opponent comes flying in unblocked with the DE (or LB), will they simply be able to hit dive and get sucked into whichever player gets the ball? This could really ruin running option plays when playing online.

Run commit to me is a great idea, but it's so overpowered. All it should do is make the defense "flow" in the direction indicated. It should not allow CB to pick up and toss TEs and OTs into the backfield and tackle the ball carrier. If the defense simply flows in one direction at the snap, it will give you a slight advantage if they run the ball that way, but it will leave you more open to the cutback. Conversely, if they go another direction, you're defenders will have to stop, cut, and then accelerate again. Those few moments could mean the difference between the ball carrier getting a 2 yard gain and getting an 8 yard gain. Not everything has to be a huge gain or a big loss. Football is a game of inches. The commit feature should lead to a subtle difference in the outcome of a play, not be an everything-or-nothing feature. Guessing correctly shouldn't be a guarantee that you'll stop the other team, and guessing wrong shouldn't be a guarantee that they'll get a big play.

Last edited by Pokes404; 05-06-2010 at 07:52 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2010, 08:19 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 26

I don't understand exactly how their whole little q and a thing works. Every question that was asked was answered with a favorable answer. So that means that the questions like Stylee had (and many others) that didn't make the cut simply didn't have the robotic favorable answer is how I look at it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »